Is B25k ok when B20k is Listed?

Sort of the topic. The doc says a "ICL7660SCPA." I have a "ICL7660SCPAZ," is that the same thing? What's the deal with ICs having similar names like the build doc listing "JRC4558" and being able to use the "NJM4558D?"

Putting a Tayda order together for a TS10 inspired circuit which lists B20k for the Tone pot. Currently Tayda is out of B20 but has B25k. Is that close enough?
I feel your pain, I also had a lot of out of stocks on pots from Tayda. I usually use alpha, but a few I was able to settle for the Tayda version and they worked fine. I also just built an XC Phase which calls for a C500k pot and I accidentally ordered lug ones instead of PCB leg ones. I just wired the whole thing up with the same wire I use for any other offboard components and it worked like a charm. Took about 2 minutes of extra work and I saved money on buying more pots + paying shipping again. So there's an option for ya since lug ones tend to stay in stock longer than PCB ones.

Yes, now that I’m thinking about it, I was being picky and wanting the Alpha brand with the PCB pins. And that’s because early on I heard they were good pots so I didn‘t want to risk using a lower quality part. It’s possible I could have gotten on with lugs, or the tayda one. It’s the same thing with box capacitors. I heard that the red WIMA brand were good quality at some point so I’ve tried to stick with them, but it isn’t always possible.

Yes, now that I’m thinking about it, I was being picky and wanting the Alpha brand with the PCB pins. And that’s because early on I heard they were good pots so I didn‘t want to risk using a lower quality part. It’s possible I could have gotten on with lugs, or the tayda one. It’s the same thing with box capacitors. I heard that the red WIMA brand were good quality at some point so I’ve tried to stick with them, but it isn’t always possible.
ive made the 'error' of purchasing tayda brand pots so many times that ive learned that it really doesn't matter. at all.

if there's anything to steer clear of:
- don't even think about putting CTS pots near an amplifier.
what a load of bs those have been for me. (replaced with alphas - problems solved)
7fnr9p.jpg

Back