Random pix

Saw it on "On patrol live" last night : $2.89 in S.C. (I think) - that's one of the reasons that 350,000 more people moved OUT of California last year than moved in. All my friends are fleeing to cheaper states.
Yep, everybody moved up here to Portland and now cool people can't afford it anymore either. Hmmm that means I'm a little wack..... seriously though the same thing happened here. A lot of my social circle has dispersed in the last decade.

Speaking of wackness, here's a picture an old friend posted who's evidently doing the Jimmy Buffet Musical (shudder). I guess the last guy who got the gig wasn't impressed either. Seems to be good pay per note though.

I'm not trying to shit on Buffet if that's your jam. I mostly struggle to see any amount of enjoyment coming from watching "Cheeseburger in Paradise" sung by anyone other than the "Cheeseburger in Paradise guy." Especially someone with theater pipes. That's like.... chopsticks on a Steinway.
Screenshot_20230225_185053.jpg

And further randomness, I finally got to the store after our 10 inch snowfall on Thursday.... if the onion bin looks like this guess what the rest of the store was like. I've seen some empty banana section before but no onions???
Screenshot_20230225_230856.jpg

Cool looking Stick, looks like a Mantis! ;)

This has Pretty good camouflage too.
Available in Australia!:

Spiny Leaf Stick Insect​

PB393_Blog-Genral-In-Post-800x533px.jpg

Bloody birds!
Peacock 23-Mar-2023.jpg

Our cymbidium orchids herald the first days of spring.
cymbidium orchid 29-Mar-2023.jpg

This thing is taller than me now. I'm standing uphill to get this shot. Usually this Aloe Ferox starts flowering in January, but winter was colder than usual this year. I have four plants growing from seeds harvested from this plant over the past few years.
Aloe Ferox in bloom 19-Mar-2023.jpg

Aren't they cute?
Three little Ferox 29-Mar-2023.jpg

Back