MBP BCFUZZ

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Couple of builds from this weekend.

Going from the most recent one that took me all of 40 min to put together.

This the MPB “Business Card Fuzz” that came as a freebie in my last MBP order.

I finished the main pedal I was planning to work on today a lot faster than anticipated so I decided to throw this together and see what it sounded like.

Neat concept, minimalist NPN fuzz that supports either Si or Ge transistors. I decided to go with 2N3904’s since I recently got some decent ones from Smallbear. I used a 163 Hfe in Q1 and 283 in Q2.

Sounds interesting. It’s definitely not a Big Muff and it definitely does not like any buffered pedals (like my tuner and compressor) in front of it. In fact it doesn’t like much more than one true bypass pedal in front of it.

So it’s finicky like a FF which I wasn’t expecting. It’s got an interesting “squish” control that as far as I can tell is a bias control that can push it into bzzzzzzz territory.

Still, it’s a fun pedal.

I used the pale green Tayda enclosure (Mint?) with some green knobs and a green led just to round it out hahah.

Demo for this is in my next build report, I did a twofer demo.

IMG_4458.JPG

Caps and trannies have to go underneath.

IMG_4456.JPG

IMG_4457.JPG

just nge instead of pge..
gonna grab a dark green sharpie Mike to finally 'label' the knobs? 😉 🤪

back to almost serious, shame this was a limited run giveaway board, be a good 'starter' project to learn soldering.

No link to that. Proprietary sounds dirty and secret seems sleazy.

Undisclosed is about right. It's part of my for profit Fuzz Faces and for sale as a standalone as well.
Well damn, I might need to break down and buy one hahaha.......(uhm.....do you "goop"?)....... :ROFLMAO:

I'll have to come up with some sort of anonymizer pseudonym so you know it's not me......."StevieJrRobertsyerUncle Jones"

Back