Binaura Stereo FV-1

I made a modded version of the daydream (kaleidoscope) patch where there is and extra unfiltered repeat staggered in there. If you look at the daydream code, the knob sets the total delay time. There’s a repeat at 0.33 of the total time, one at 0.67 the total time, and one at the total time (all filtered differently). The extra one I put in is at 0.5 the total delay time. So it staggers in there nicely to give some extra dimension.

It would be cool to have a daydream patch with the extra delay thrown to the other side, or throw different daydream repeats back forth, kind of like a ping pong but with the magic of the daydream.

Wah on one side, phaser on the other to mimic a Korg Mr Multi

So you're going to make me install a damned expression jack in mine, aren't you? :ROFLMAO:

It would be cool to have a daydream patch with the extra delay thrown to the other side, or throw different daydream repeats back forth, kind of like a ping pong but with the magic of the daydream.
Oh yes, a stereo Daydream is absolutely happening. I have some staggered timing patches that didn't make it into the original pedal.

What does a stereo flanger sound like when you output the clean signal to one channel and the 1ms delayed signal to the other channel?

depending on how far apart your speakers are it will noticeably widen the acoustic field.
the boss digital delay pedals give you a direct out jack and the delayed output jack.

Here's how I would implement a thru-zero stereo flanger:

Delay the clean signal 5ms.

Delay the modulated signal a variable amount, say 1ms to 9ms.

Add the modulated to the delayed clean signal for the Left channel out.

Subtract the modulated from the delayed clean signal for the Right channel out.

Do the same thing for Stereo Chorus, just with longer delays.

So, the Scarlett 2i2 won the race!

Yes and no... It has been a bit troublesome. It's working right now, but wasn't an easy road getting there, and it's still a bit wonky. If I unplug it there's a good chance it will BSOD my computer.

It'll work for now, but I'm most likely going to be sending it back in favor of the SSL2+.

.... will it be ready to go when you restock on FV-1s?

The final PCBs are on order now. The circuit is good to go, the board just needed an adjustment to the physical dimensions.

Still working on the first batch of stereo algorithms at the moment, hopefully they'll be ready by then.

Back