DEMO Like, OMG guys! Remember the 90's?

This post contains an audio or video demo

Pauleo1214

Compared to last year, I think I am behind on build threads. At this stage in my DIY career, I am interested in seeing what pedals go well together, create unique sounds, and boxing them all up together because...yes.

Ever try a Woodpecker in front of a Hydra? I did. And man, those choppy delay rhythms and textures are ace. I decided to make two of those combos in parallel all in a big ol' 1550G.

Finding out what to call it and designing the wrapper was the hard part. A lot of ideas passed through my head. I had a clock theme in my head because of the delay and because it was something I did before. Nothing stuck until i remembered the Woodpecker was often referred to as choppy. Then my inner five year old removed the l from clock. Then I remembered the Lorena Bobbitt case and ergo the name, C[l]ock Chopper. Cheers!

20230504_231230.jpg

20230504_231240.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, that’s fantastic and original. Is that a GOCB board that allows for parallel? Most interesting, I’ve not seen one used before.
Yer killin' me Jimi! I've been using GPCB Buff n' Blends to make parallel circuit pedals for a while. I read you simply can't wire two pedals in parallel and expect them to work, a buffer is needed. I looked at the Buff n' Blend and spliced the send and return loops. Turns out you can run a ton of effects in parallel using it. Here are some of my build threads w/ demos.

I like it so much I want to throw it from a car window onto the side of the highway only to later find it and reattach it.
To be fair, she told the authorities where to find it which they did, after a long, exhaustive search. Let's be honest, if someone asked me how big I am, I would love to honestly tell them it took the authorities a long time to find it.

Yer killin' me Jimi! I've been using GPCB Buff n' Blends to make parallel circuit pedals for a while. I read you simply can't wire two pedals in parallel and expect them to work, a buffer is needed. I looked at the Buff n' Blend and spliced the send and return loops. Turns out you can run a ton of effects in parallel using it. Here are some of my build threads w/ demos.

Very cool. I’ve had a buff and blend layout for years, maybe I need to have some boards made. 🤔

Compared to last year, I think I am behind on build threads. At this stage in my DIY career, I am interested in seeing what pedals go well together, create unique sounds, and boxing them all up together because...yes.

Ever try a Woodpecker in front of a Hydra? I did. And man, those choppy delay rhythms and textures are ace. I decided to make two of those combos in parallel all in a big ol' 1550G.

Finding out what to call it and designing the wrapper was the hard part. A lot of ideas passed through my head. I had a clock theme in my head because of the delay and because it was something I did before. Nothing stuck until i remembered the Woodpecker was often referred to as choppy. Then my inner five year old removed the l from clock. Then I remembered the Lorena Bobbitt case and ergo the name, C[l]ock Chopper. Cheers!

View attachment 47847

View attachment 47848

200w.gif

200w.gif

I am speechless.

That is a thing of wonder and awe.

And the Bobbitt theme... chef's kiss...

Back