Paragon

giovanni

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
This is loooooong overdue. I finished soldering and boxing my Paragon probably a year ago. Back then I made a troubleshooting thread (those pesky metal LED bezels!) but not a build report.

Since then, I had to pack all my stuff because we had a very long renovation at our townhouse. We jumped from one Airbnb to the next for a few months and finally moved into the top floor of the house a couple months ago while the work was still ongoing. My soldering iron and all my other gear stayed packed until a couple weeks ago when the work was finally completed.

Since I haven’t been able to build anything, I spent some time working on graphics. I made my first UV print a while ago (shared on the UV thread, haven’t started the actual pedal yet) and today I made my first laser engraved faceplate. Which brings me to this build report!

IMG_2237.jpeg

I must say I really enjoyed both building and playing this pedal. I was not expecting to like it actually. For the graphics I grabbed an svg file of a stylized crown from the web (the king is the king) and went with simple labels. This was a first attempt at getting the laser settings right and it turned out OK. The engraving is not as sharp as I would like, both at the edges and filling. But as a first one, I’m quite happy. I asked a buddy to help me out with the settings so I may eventually replace the faceplate with a slightly better looking one. The knobs may be a little too large but I liked the silver top and didn’t really like any of the other options I have available. All in all, I’m pretty happy with the result, this is my first “professional” looking pedal (although with some flaws), which I’m really excited about!

No demo but tonight I spent some quality time with this pedal and I have to say I’m pretty happy with the tones. And I didn’t even use my favorite amp.

Back