Royal Beaver

Betty Wont

The Gnawty Royal Beaver. This was a surprise gift, (aka challenge) pcb. Hey @fig , I built it! I feel this was punishment for bragging about still using only a hand drill for my enclosures. As always with Dead End boards it was comically huge with most of the pcb unoccupied, yet zero consideration for jacks :ROFLMAO:. Went with a pink theme like the original, and pink led. It does what was advertised. A highly tweakable big muff with an added (or subtracted) gain stage.
thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

I'm currently building a DeadEnd board (also gifted by fig). I'm glad you point out the lack of consideration for jacks (it's not just me)... on mine there are germanium transistors located at the logical place to put jacks, so I'm trying to figure out how to sensibly hook it up.

I'm currently building a DeadEnd board (also gifted by fig). I'm glad you point out the lack of consideration for jacks (it's not just me)... on mine there are germanium transistors located at the logical place to put jacks, so I'm trying to figure out how to sensibly hook it up.
The struggle!!! This one had a tall rotary switch that puts the pcb too high for jack to fit without relieving some material.

Also, I used these waterproof dpdt for the first time on this build. Highly recommend! Their body is a bit taller and they have flush feet that keep them in place on the pcb whilst attempting to get 16 unsoldered pots and switches through the enclosure at the same time.

Noice beaver! It's funny, thinking back to when I bought my first muff I almost didn't get it because of the name. At age 14 I had qualms with purchasing a pubic hair joke in front of my mom who drove me to the shop. Thankfully the salesman talked me in to it.

I'd like to see the percentage of build reports that include @fig shout outs. Of my own it's got to be like 5 to 10 percent.

Also where should I go to buy a sticker? @Harry Klippton got me all jealous.

Tight build, but you know how I feel about deadendfx 😂 the inside of their builds be like
fresh-prince-room.gif

Back