Bypass when on, mute when off

MacGuffin_

Honestly, not even sure how I got here.

Building abyss, when I turn on the switch (LED on) I get a clean signal. When I turn it off, I get nothing. Can I get a sanity check with my wiring? I am using this 3pdt board [Link].

I already tried removing the modded LED, no luck. Yellow is jack in, blue jack out. red is board in below and black board out. red (+), black (-) up top, and green is always ground.

PXL_20230529_021517228.jpg

Maybe try re-flowing all the lugs of the top-middle pot? It's hard to tell on my screen, but that middle lug looks like it could use a little bit more solder.

EDIT: Same with the left lug / Lug 1 of the A100k (looking at your most recent photo).
Tried that, ended up replacing the pot and it worked. Probably just unlucky (or managed to break it)

She done, now to finish the 2nd one so I have something to sell to recoup cost lol
PXL_20230530_011530793.jpg

Sweet! Nothing left to do but mark it solved and warm up that soldering iron for round 2..
That and figure out if it is "supposed to sound like that" lol. Seems like most settings do not much at all (for a guitar at least), but when you hit a sweet spot it sounds fantastic!

Edit: Was my lazy rate LED mod, turns out attatching something to the thing that makes the tone is NOT a good idea :). going to try slapping it on the LED anode instead later, but ive worked on this too much today and it is time for sleep. Thanks all!

Last edited:
Awesome you got it working. I had a pot get cracked before on the wafer and cause issues. Anyways. If I remember right I tried a few things to get the rate led thing going and it seems like you could attach it to the same spot as the positive of the lfo led on board. For some reason I seem to recall that didn’t work for me, but I might I have done it wrong it’s been awhile.

Back