Moonn Space Is Fun, Sojus31 and more freebies.

Mentaltossflycoon

I've mentioned my disdain for reverb on bass but I do enjoy it otherwise. I hadn't built a belton brick circuit yet and thought this one was interesting. Dirty lofi verb sounded at least weird enough to try. I like it quite a bit, especially messing with the feedback momentary. Noisy good times, most fun I've ever had with a verb. I do wish there were more controls over the verb itself but overall I'm into it.
Screenshot_20220801-200346_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220803-225737_Gallery.jpg

I ordered the sojus31 only because I'd never heard of the trickverzerrer. This is one of those rare times the "real" name felt appropriate. I've been putting my vintage fuzzes in polished boxes, not sure why but might as well keep it going. This enclosure outlines a journey of lining up the metal punch carefully, botching one, and angrily bashing through the rest. Sounds great, not blowing me away on bass but I wasn't expecting it to. The bias knob is subtle but there's a nice range of tones to be found here.
Screenshot_20220803-225800_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220803-225818_Gallery.jpg

So I've received some free pcbs with my moonn orders and I felt compelled to build them up whether I was interested or not. I've previously shared the Priestess and Barks.

Ramblin' Man is an Escobedo Rambler which is a peculiar little octave circuit. It in no way competes with the Octavia/tone machine tonally speaking but it's definitely is own thing. It feels like the octave, while isn't as strong in the 12th fret sweet spot, the octave is more present throughout the neck. Pretty cool, might be my favorite of the freebies.
Screenshot_20220803-230024_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220803-230041_Gallery.jpg

Here's the Bagheera which is based on the Tone God Finish Line. It's also an octave dirt that has a fair amount of low end, as advertised. The octave wasn't too present for me, at least compared to the fuzzy fox and the ramblin man. The x switch is a boost in gain but it isn't doing much for me, I would've skipped it had I not already drilled for it(terribly).
Screenshot_20220803-225840_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220803-225908_Gallery.jpg

Awesome stuff! I really enjoy the Moonn PCBs. The Drömtydning is probably my favourite delay right now.

I built the Ramblin' Man but couldn't connect, I had just finished a Green Ringer and the octave on the Rambler didn't take my head off. Now it sits in a drawer looking at me with a sad face asking to be boxed up.

My Rambler sat in my "works but meh" pile for a very long time. It won me over just enough to get a box. If you didn't like it at all, definitely skip the bagheera. They also sent a tiny clean blend board and the kobold boost which I didn't mention because boosts are boring to me. It makes with the loudness and such.

Drömtydning really is excellent.

Hello,
I tried building the space is fun. But unnoticed the bright and dark channel change the tone of the guitar drastically. I have a feeling I might’ve done the wiring incorrectly. Did you manage to keep your tone intact? Between the dry and wet signal? Or do you get it affected by the pedal?

If I understand your question correctly, it sounds like you have it right. The dark/ bright switch seems to effect the entirety of the signal. At least to my ears. I don't really use it much.

Edit: just dug it out and played it. The dark switch actually has no effect on the dry signal. So perhaps yours does need attention.

Last edited:
Back