SOLVED. Triangulum bass/volume issues

Compared against my isosceles build my triangulum has very little boost available. Like I couldnt see using it less than maximum. Isosceles is INSANELY loud. The pedal also cuts far less bass than ISO in triangulum mode.

The potentiometer works without scratching or issues as does the footswitch and LED.

R1,R2,D1,D2,Q2 omitted. (100pf mounted underneath board for fit. not missing.)

The build looks fine even under magnification. I did notice the caps seem a bit “microphonic” near Q1 when tapped with a screwdriver. Not sure if that is normal.

I am not sure how to start debugging. I have checked the pin one voltages of the 7660 (9.12V) I am using and the opamp opa134. (30.0V)

Any help would be appreciated.

I am pretty stumped and trying to learn to properly debug so I can get to my shelf of non working builds. :/

(The labeling print on the 820R was smudged, value was confirmed with multimeter, NOT an incorrectly placed “20R”.)
B40DB918-7C79-4F7F-A58B-18C6AC51E138.png

Last edited:
Well damn. Noticed at LEAST one wrong capacitor placement. I see .047 in C13. Build
Document says C13: 10N.

DONT STAY UP ALL NIGHT BUILDING PEDALS LOL!

Will go through ALL the caps and report back.

Back:

Yeah had TWO wrong cap values. got them sorted.

Unlike me as I check things thrice but hadn’t slept in two days.

It still has quite a bit more bass than my isosceles set to triangulum mode. High end got better. Doesnt seem any louder.

is triangulum just fatter and much lower output volume than Isosceles?

Which components are responsible for bass cut so I can inspect that area again? Im pretty sure the bass cut section isn’t working properly.

Last edited:
I like using Wima and PRP and figured why not look for some red Electrolytics to complete things.

The caps are Wima, resistors are $$$ PRP, and the Electro are Wurth Electronik.
There’s a place called Sonic Craft that carries PRP. Believe they’re in Texas.
They also have the Takman resistors which are also very bourgeois but don’t look as cool.
WIMA caps are definitely at Mouser
The Wurth Electronik capacitors are sold at Mouser I think? Or is it Digi-Key?

There’s a place called Sonic Craft that carries PRP. Believe they’re in Texas.
They also have the Takman resistors which are also very bourgeois but don’t look as cool.
WIMA caps are definitely at Mouser
The Wurth Electronik capacitors are sold at Mouser I think? Or is it Digi-Key?
thanks, I forgot to mention where!

Yes Soniccraft has prp but direct is better if you buy bulk. I use takman when I want CC.The wurth are from mouser, wima I get all over the place.

Back