Propolis fuzz resistor question

thedwest

I sure this kind of question has been answered many times on here but I'm building the Propolis and I just realized I don't have a 42K resistor. Which would be better to replace with, a 39K or a 47K?

Last edited:
I would use the one closer in value -- the 39K. Either one will likely work, but slightly change what is going on in the pedal.
Thats what I assumed, I just didn't know if it mattered going over the correct value or under. I used the 39K and just finished wiring it up. All works. Thanks!

I had the same type of issue for C2 - 2n2 and C10 - 22n. So I had plenty of 4n7 and 47n caps. So I twisted two 4n7 caps in series and put them in the tester the result was about 2n5. I did the same with two 47n caps in series and the result was 24n.

Almost all of my passive components and quite a few of my active ones are 25 to 35 years old. So it is a mash up of precision and 10% tolerance parts. I test everything before I put it in.

I have had fun with the three PedalPCB builds so far. I will have to start a thread to show them off.

RT

1590181788424.png

Last edited:
I sure this kind of question has been answered many times on here but I'm building the Propolis and I just realized I don't have a 42K resistor. Which would be better to replace with, a 39K or a 47K?

42K is such an oddball value. For where that is in the circuit, anything close will work.

Back