Zvex SHO

bobson dugnutt

I've built a lot of PedalPCB boards now and finally had a go at doing a custom PCB. Went for the SHO because it's dead simple, so I could focus on the layout. Pretty fun! A lot of details to get right. Mad respect to PedalPCB for nailing all of it on so many boards. This one came out great, even though I accidentally reversed the leads on the crackle pot (ugh), and wish I had left at least a half millimeter more wiggle room on the pot and transistor footprints. I got carried away putting my dog all over the silkscreen and covered up the diode silkscreening. Whoops.

This was all done in KiCad, with a few custom footprints you're more than welcome to steal: https://github.com/eric-wood/SHO-PCB

Already planning out some more, and hitting the books. Hoping to have some original stuff off the breadboard and ready for prime-time soon.

Thanks to all y'all on these forums for helping me get started down this path. Super thankful for all the resources and inspiration!

Attachments

• IMG_3347.jpeg
    IMG_3347.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3348.jpeg
    IMG_3348.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3349.jpeg
    IMG_3349.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 42
Sweet! I should have started with something simple. My first run of designed PCBs had the pots going the wrong way in the schematic :LOL:. Always triple check!

Also I used that same transistor footprint I think...bummer is sockets don’t work with it, for future reference!

Also I used that same transistor footprint I think...bummer is sockets don’t work with it, for future reference!

Good call!! I'm doing a custom footprint going forward; it seemed so perfect but soldering was such a pain because of how close the pins were. No way in hell you could even fit pin headers side by side in there.

Back