What's on the workbench?

Ideally I would like to offer an enclosure option along with the Muffin PCBs but I'm not sure how to handle it graphically/aesthetically since there are so many different varieties of Muffin that could be built with the PCB. Powdercoat with no artwork? Some generic artwork that could apply to any version? Obviously you could just go to the source and have an enclosure made custom but I'd hate to swamp Steve with a bunch of one-off requests.
Artwork contest?
You and Stevie could lay out some parameters (enclosure color, screen print color— or give a few pre-established options that the two of you decide on) and then give X-amount of time to submit a design. Once time is up, put up a voting section, and the winning design is produced.

Artwork contest?
You and Stevie could lay out some parameters (enclosure color, screen print color— or give a few pre-established options that the two of you decide on) and then give X-amount of time to submit a design. Once time is up, put up a voting section, and the winning design is produced.
That’s a good idea Nick! I can certainly entertain that process.

I stole Big Monk's graphic and modded it...

FIG MUFFIN PPCB graphic.png

I thought I'd honour Fig, the King of Contests, for this graphic contest.

I tried green LEDs in the glasses for bypass indication, but then that looked like eyes which doesn't look like Fig;
I tried a white gleaming LED to make Fig's teeth sparkle, for bypass indication, but that didn't look good;
I tried a few things and none worked as well as one of those 3PDT-LED-RING indicators — green to match Fig's glasses.

We miss you bon vivant, @fig.

Last edited:
@Robert is that an original design?
It's not a clone of anything as a whole, but not an innovative new design either.

It's a basic PT2399 delay (think Deep Blue) paired with a tap tempo system so I have a test bed for writing some code.

Looks awful similar to the Benson delay
It does, and the control set is similar as well (although different layout), but it's not based on the Benson. I used the Sproing Deluxe drill template and that's just how it turned out.

1722182038802.png

Graphic designer by trade - that design is really awfully IMO - combination of 4 fonts, text thrown on without thought, and those knobs which look alright unlike you do the finish like that and they just look cheap.

It might be the most amazing circuit ever inside, brining with original ideas and setting music alight causing us to sail into the third summer of love… but with design like that, I’m out.

(Or I’ll try a PedalPCB version)

Back