Low Tide - Bat48 Substitute

Stevohuff

I saw a thread referencing IN34A I believe as a replacement, could be wrong -

BAT43/BAT46 compatible?

Also, we’re completely ruling out Amazon as an option for this type of diode, right…

BAT43/BAT46 compatible?
It's hard to say, but BAT48 is still in production so I'd stick to using the correct part.

Also, we’re completely ruling out Amazon as an option for this type of diode, right…
I'd avoid Amazon for anything if at all possible, but certainly for things like transistors or ICs. If you're in a pinch and it doesn't make sense to order from somewhere like Mouser, AES, Stomp Box Parts, etc. you probably don't have a lot to worry about buying an in-production diode like this on Amazon. I don't think there's much reason to fake something like this. I believe it was @MichaelW who mentioned having decent luck with the Chanzon branded items on Amazon for a couple odds and ends.

BAT43/BAT46 compatible?

I've ruled out Amazon for most things. Bought a spool of kester solder there once and it was fine. Also bought some dc jacks that were absolute garbage a few years ago. Hit and miss but mostly miss.

I've ruled out Amazon for most things. Bought a spool of kester solder there once and it was fine. Also bought some dc jacks that were absolute garbage a few years ago. Hit and miss but mostly miss.
Yea I’ve done some utility purchases like solder and the copper wool stuff for the iron, never components.

I guess my inquiry is based on options beyond tayda/mouser - I didn’t see any BAT48 at stompboxparts or smaller outfits.

Any rec for decent shipping time frame on a batch of like 10?

US based

Yea I’ve done some utility purchases like solder and the copper wool stuff for the iron, never components.

I guess my inquiry is based on options beyond tayda/mouser - I didn’t see any BAT48 at stompboxparts or smaller outfits.

Any rec for decent shipping time frame on a batch of like 10?

US based
Ps - I have mouserphobia, or whatever it’s called when I’m presented too many options haha

BAT43/BAT46 compatible?

For D1/2, BAT46 should be fine.
1n34a is probably fine as well.
Really anything around 1Vf. Matching the Vf and C12/14 may be more important than the diode used. There's so much happening to that signal after those diodes, I doubt you'd here it but, and someone help me out because that schem is wild and I'm exhausted, if there's any octave up provided by those clippers, matching would be wise.
I'm guessing it's more about limiting signal level into the later circuits than anything else though.

Back