DELAY (Cataclysm)

SYLV9ST9R

Wanted to get one last build done in my last days of vacation at home, and finished it last night.
This one is a gift for a friend, and he chose the design of the pedal.
He went for a simple no-nonsense sign for the graphic (I had proposed some more wild choices), and I wasn't sure about the Marshall knobs at first, but with the golden footswitch nut, I think it looks pretty good. Hope he enjoys!
On the downside, I got some cracking on my decal, but it's buried under more clear coat, so it still looks ok. I also burned the corner of a couple of box film caps, and wired the LED backwards (the wick was a big help there), but I guess that's part of the learning process... ;)

IMG_5423.jpg IMG_5416.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking build I've used the Marshall knobs I like them they look good

Yer pal will be pleased with that beast

Beautiful work. The wiring I use internally isn’t rigid enough to make it look this tidy. Where do you get yours?
Thanks!
I use awg 24 wires from Tayda. Solid between the pcb and switch, and stranded for the rest.
The stranded takes a nice curve. For the longer wire from switch to jack, I leave it long at first, easier to connect with the test box, and I cut to length (while also leaving 1 or 2 extra cm), and then just gently pull at the bottom to nicely place it on the sides.

Thanks!
I use awg 24 wires from Tayda. Solid between the pcb and switch, and stranded for the rest.
The stranded takes a nice curve. For the longer wire from switch to jack, I leave it long at first, easier to connect with the test box, and I cut to length (while also leaving 1 or 2 extra cm), and then just gently pull at the bottom to nicely place it on the sides.
Thank you!

Back