Spirit Box, built twice, neither works...

Cbelcher

I cannot figure out where I've gone wrong on both builds, I'm new to it, but this isn't my first build and every other build from other PCB suppliers has worked. when the effect is not engaged I get audio, but as soon as I stomp it, guitar signal is gone. I do hear the Depth, Dwell and Attack change when I turn the knobs, not a reverb sound since there's no audio signal being fed, but I can tell they are changing the values of those parameters.

build an audio probe and trace the audio signal as it goes into and through the pcb. from your description I don't think your incoming audio signal is reaching the PT2399 and reverb brick.

Probably sound like a broken record on these builds, but yet again the 3pdt soldering looks suspect. This is how I do mine when I use a board.
57618492_330941927494066_6085725006384548505_n.jpg

Last edited:
I had thought maybe there was a solder bridge or something on the switch. I fear each build has a separate issue. I plan on making a probe tomorrow to check. Have a suggestion on a good DMM to buy? I have one from before I started this hobby and it’s kinda crap.

I agree with the other commenters that it looks like you might not have good connections on all of the posts for your footswitch.

you can use your DMM to see if you have a connection from each post on the footswitch to the different things that connect to each post.

Back