What's on the workbench?

I couldn't order material in these last months, so I have a bunch of complete board, incomplete board and just partial parts in the bag for some pedals.
Speaker Cranker and Smash Drive almost done. I'm working on a Splitter Blend with extra features. I'm working on a Mockman 2.0. I have to finish a Wolly Mammoth and a Fulltone Ultimate Octave, and my simple project of a preamp. I have to start or finish to build Revv G2, Dr. Boogie. And an extra footswitch box for my Nux Looper.
I guess that's it.

As far as the basic power amp is concerned it's working, I just need to find the part number for the correct jacks in order to top mount them in a 125B enclosure. The imported jacks that Tayda sells are slightly to wide to fit without sanding/filing down the corners.... Less than ideal.

Neutrik makes one that is slimmer, I just need to hunt down the part number and adjust the dimensions of the PCB slightly.
These board-mounted audio jacks from Newark Electronics would probably fit --- NRJ6HM-1 (stock number 10J0809) -- Description: STEREO AUDIO JACK, 1/4", 3POS, PCB; No. of Contacts:3Contacts; Gender:Jack; Pin Diameter:6.35mm; Connector Mounting Panel Mount; Contact Plating:Silver Plated Contacts; Product Range:Slim Series--- they are the ones used in the new power supply switching board that Peter Rutter offered through Indiegogo earlier this year.

Yes those would fit, the ones used on the Power I/O board here would fit as well, but they have to insulated.
The metal sleeve is a problem.

It looks like they have a plastic sleeve version (NRJ6HF) in the same series though... I'll have to order some and check them out.

Figures, I just paid $23 for next day air shipping of a 70 cent part yesterday. :ROFLMAO:

Yes those would fit, the ones used on the Power I/O board here would fit as well, but they have to insulated.
The metal sleeve is a problem.

It looks like they have a plastic sleeve version (NRJ6HF) in the same series though... I'll have to order some and check them out.

Figures, I just paid $23 for next day air shipping of a 70 cent part yesterday. :ROFLMAO:
I had forgotten that the output jack needs to be isolated from the enclosure.

Testing LDRs in the DeadEndFX Charonium (Lastgasp Misty Cave clone). Using the wooden top of some Cohiba matches I got in Cuba as a light shield in front of the enclosure I intend to put it in. Can probably sneak another circuit in there too.

View attachment 7854

@Nostradoomus how'd this turn out? I have one of those PCBs in my holidays-to-do pile and just ordered the vactrol and chips a few days ago. The demos all sound weirdmazing, so I'm excited to get it done. Great choice on the enclosure too.

@Nostradoomus how'd this turn out? I have one of those PCBs in my holidays-to-do pile and just ordered the vactrol and chips a few days ago. The demos all sound weirdmazing, so I'm excited to get it done. Great choice on the enclosure too.

It sounds reeeally good, definitely a worthwhile build. I used the classic yellow LED/Tayda LDR combo. Haven’t boxed it yet though as I want to put a small dirt circuit in there with it and still have some testing to do there.

I know I am getting a diy guitar kit for Christmas but having never built a guitar I decided to rebuild my first guitar ever, a fender squire, as practice.

Taking it apart got me thinking and i started to go a little bit overboard on this ....i think that building pedals has given some kind of disease !!!

I decided to see how many on board effects I could cram into it xD so... So far I managed to fit 5. First in the chain is a smoothie board from the beans (phase 45) second is a emerald ring (green ringner) into a blues breaker type circuit from guitarpcb. After we got a vero built black as fuzz and ending on a DOD 250 distortion also on vero :D I got all the switching almost done, 5 dpdt non true bypass for the effects and one main 3pdt on off switch . Still got the power to do ! Here's a few pics :D

Attachments

• IMG_20201210_114146_compress43.jpg
    IMG_20201210_114146_compress43.jpg
    673.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20201210_114110_compress86.jpg
    IMG_20201210_114110_compress86.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 91
I just got like 12 different boards from ppcb in the mail on Monday, but I still need to order all the parts. I’m currently in the process of finishing 3 fuzz factory clones to give out to friends (I bought like 25 germanium transistors that sound really good so I decided to build a few of these). These use the gpcb boards so they require a lot of wiring which is just frustrating for me, I can’t wait to start the ppcb builds which have minimal wiring. I’ll post pics soon.

I just got like 12 different boards from ppcb in the mail on Monday, but I still need to order all the parts. I’m currently in the process of finishing 3 fuzz factory clones to give out to friends (I bought like 25 germanium transistors that sound really good so I decided to build a few of these). These use the gpcb boards so they require a lot of wiring which is just frustrating for me, I can’t wait to start the ppcb builds which have minimal wiring. I’ll post pics soon.
I feel you man. I got gpcb boards I'll probably never build since starting with ppcb

Another kit-bashed guitar synth thing.
This one splits at the input into two separate PLL circuits (Parasit 0415 & Raygun Youth), a Robot clone, and a JFET clean boost so these are all running parallel. The output of this goes into an Haarp with adjustable clock. Next is a Trembling Loon and finishes up with a Dark Rift delay.
There are expression jacks to control Robot CTRL, Arp Speed, Trem Speed, Delay time, Delay Feedback, and Delay mix.
There is an effects loop between the synthfuzz and arpanoid, and it's all powered from a single 9v jack and housed in a custom steel enclosure
140374638_4356633647697102_8136837398700603346_o.jpg 140552524_4356633364363797_5864485767428484944_o.jpg

Last edited:
Triple fucko RAT build - Life into Turbo RAT into Blowerbox clones (Fuzzdog boards) with numerous tweaks utilizing the Nanolog Quantum Tunneling devices in place of clipping diodes. The Life clone uses the Nanolog N1A and Germanium diodes, the Turbo Rat switches between red LEDs and the Nanolog N2, while the Blowerbox switches between infrared LEDs and the Nanolog N3. I've also added a pot to the Life to adjust the bias of the first stage on the Ringer circuit. The extra pot on the Blowerbox is Chucks bass control. Just waiting on knobs

140092978_1210108806057696_6806512364599161819_n.jpg 139667728_270012424467170_8459800899292519584_n.jpg

Good gawd you've been busy!! Good job on the multi's, they look like they're built like Sherman tanks! I don't envy the knob budget though :)

Good gawd you've been busy!! Good job on the multi's, they look like they're built like Sherman tanks! I don't envy the knob budget though :)
Our goal with the design was to evoke the aesthetics of a few of our favorite 70s pedal enclosures with a bit of a retro synth vibe but built to be more robust. Here's a vid of my buddy driving over one

Back