A drunk duck, a bathing monster and an evil panda all walk into a thread.

jjjimi84

Over on the MBP forum I have been doing #VFEFRIDAY to showcase all of the VFE builds that I have done and I want to post todays video here in an effort to see more envelope filters and auto wahs make an appearance. This is a Mutron 3 clone that has been all VFE'd (?) up and sounds really cool. I also just recently let go of some builds I thought I would share, an abyss, seabead delay and an aionFX Procyon.

jWu8UQbl.jpg

YxYG8TYl.jpg

A PedalPCB.com Abyss, a clone of the EQD Univibe, it has a painting of the Loch Ness Monster taking a bubble bath.
xGpZoJSl.jpg

xAPGIDkl.jpg

Here is a PedalPCB.com Seabed Delay, a clone of the Mad Professor Deep Blue delay with an evil AF Panda
8x6Ds0Tl.jpg

HTKEYodl.jpg

And lastly a AionFX Procyon, a clone of the BJFe Honey Bee. It has a little Luma on it with star bits from Mario Galaxy.
uORvwj6l.jpg

LZp7xc5l.jpg

ALL GREAT!

Except the Panda. He's kind of creeping me out... cr-EEP-y

Drunk Duck and Nessie are my faves for this round of your pedals.

ALL GREAT!

Except the Panda. He's kind of creeping me out... cr-EEP-y

Drunk Duck and Nessie are my faves for this round of your pedals.

Thank you! Panda isnt even the creepiest thing I have painted.

@giovanni I use Testors and Tamiya acrylic paint. Little brushes, 18/0 little guys. The abyss has an epoxy pour on it but was one of the last I have done that way. I found it takes away from the detail of the painting. The bubble bath actually had some silvery shine to it that was covered up by epoxy.

Thank you! Panda isnt even the creepiest thing I have painted.

@giovanni I use Testors and Tamiya acrylic paint. Little brushes, 18/0 little guys. The abyss has an epoxy pour on it but was one of the last I have done that way. I found it takes away from the detail of the painting. The bubble bath actually had some silvery shine to it that was covered up by epoxy.
Does the acrylic last a long time? My kids use it for crafts and it just peels off some surfaces...

Does the acrylic last a long time? My kids use it for crafts and it just peels off some surfaces...

It does but I also will airbrush on a coat of clear to help the lasting power. The key is layers, for instance last week I showed a general tso build. After the background is painted, I will spray on a couple coats of gloss sealer. Then I sketch with white paint the basic outline of the thing I am painting and then fill it in with primer. That primer coat does two things, one sticks really well to the clear coat and two provides a white background to add my colors to.

I have been thinking about doing a video on this, would you guys like to see something like that?

@Barry Thank you kind sir!

It does but I also will airbrush on a coat of clear to help the lasting power. The key is layers, for instance last week I showed a general tso build. After the background is painted, I will spray on a couple coats of gloss sealer. Then I sketch with white paint the basic outline of the thing I am painting and then fill it in with primer. That primer coat does two things, one sticks really well to the clear coat and two provides a white background to add my colors to.

I have been thinking about doing a video on this, would you guys like to see something like that?

@Barry Thank you kind sir!
I'd be down to see the whole process start to finish!

The paint-tutorial video would be very welcomed, as you're equally as good at vids as at building pedals.
I mean, primer over gloss sealer, who'd have thunk it? Not me, even though many years ago I was an apprentice bike-frame painter.

So... all kidding aside (I love the Panda, really) — what is the creepiest thing you've painted, on a pedal?

I'm snortin' n chucklin aloud — FYP: "...leave it in weird spots around the house to torment her."

A dualio build, a combo pedal with the clown and the panda... 😹

Back