What was your first PedalPCB build?

Arkaim Fuzz. At first, the description on musikding got my attention ("wall of fuzz for bass and guitar"). The original circuit and its reviews convinced me to build it. It was in january 2020, and then, I only knew the Zvex Fuzz Factory, which is very special and raised my interest in fuzz effects.
I was hesitating between Arkaim and some big muff variant. I chose Arkaim because it seemed more singular and very rare.

It was my 4th diy build, I did some simple mistakes (orientation, jacks wiring...) and it took at least 2 weeks struggling to figure it out. Pedalpcb makes rather spartan instructions.

It sounds amazingly good and I am still very satisfied with the Arkaim, though I don't know if I built it correctly, because D1 3mm Led doesn't light up...

Last edited:
My first build was a Delegate compressor - boneyard edition....

It worked straight off the bench, but I thought it didn’t. I was testing outside the box and didn’t realized the LDR had to go dark at some point. After I tried it in the dark, I realized it was ready to box...

5D5493D2-2CB2-404D-ADDB-761D85C6AB76.jpeg

Mine was a organ donor... That was before pedalpcb offered smd soldering xD so it didn't work... I still got that board, I should really try and troubleshoot it again.... Sometimes all you need is a couple of years break xD

CC4D7254-F1A3-4A59-82C7-9C1A205A76B0.jpeg
My first pedal build was the ADHD, I was always curious about the Fulltone OCD but I just didn’t want to pay full price to check it out. That was also my first lesson In ICs and how they only go in one way..(I know total blatant lack of knowledge and total rookie move)I plunged the pedal in and it worked in bypass. I clicked the switch and was disappointed of the silence it produced🤣. So I pulled the chip ( I at least did enough reading to take the advise to socket the chip) spent the next 30min checking the whole circuit from input to output And came up with nothing. with the chip out, the circuit was perfect... And suddenly realized where I had gone wrong. Plugged the opamp back in CORRECTLY this time and it worked perfectly... but in the end it just wasn’t the pedal I was looking for🤣

Last edited:
Twin Face. It went fine. Prior to trying PedalPCB I had done other builds from other PCBs, veroboard, and protoboard, so I wasn't a rookie.

I've built 25 pedals over all, 9 of which were from PedalPCB.

Only build I couldn't get working was a ROG Thor I did on veroboard. Has a high-pitched squeal I can't resolve.

My first build was a corduroy fuzz that went south on me when I soldered some wrong value parts. (4k7 and 47k still make me pause).my attempts at desoldering lifted a bunch of pads and I scrapped it.

My first successful build was Klon mini. Then I eventually circled back to the corduroy with a new pcb. And it worked the first time

Back