Parentheses - Don't have 1n box cap on hand. Possible replacements?

bitzie

I am putting the parts together for another Parentheses build and realized that I am missing one box capacitor, a 1n for C10. The closest thing I have is a 3n3 box cap or a 1n ceramic cap. Would either of those potentially work since I am having a tough time finding somewhere to buy small quantities since I (of course) just put in an order from Tayda a couple nights ago. Or would film capacitors like these: https://www.amazon.ca/Capacitors-400V-630V-Polypropylene-Capacitor-Repalcement/dp/B086265M44 work since I can quickly grab them from the spacepenisastronaut store?

For myself personally if I was out of 1n box caps, I'd order a bunch and just wait. You know you need to have them stocked anyway. I know its painful to wait... I guess you could always swap it out later.

For myself personally if I was out of 1n box caps, I'd order a bunch and just wait. You know you need to have them stocked anyway. I know its painful to wait... I guess you could always swap it out later.
I did find a place here in Canada to order some so I did. Will I be able to wait? We'll see. I might socket that component and see what the differences are, if any which since I'm fairly new to all this might be a good way to learn a bit.

The ones from Space Penis will probably be too big to fit on the board (being 630v and all.)

You could also run to 500pF caps in parallel to get 1nF.
(Somehow I didn't notice this post was from 2021. Whoops. Sorry for bumping.)

Back