Wanted: gut shots of a Proco Rat

Chuck D. Bones

Circuit Wizard
I'm writing an article for a trade magazine and I need some good quality photos of the component side of a Rat board. Can anyone help me out here? Found some on the 'net, but they're not great and then there is the reprint permission to work out.

Thanks!

I used to buy non working pedals for little or nothing to repair and resale or for the enclosure and occasionally maybe recover a part or two, I may have a busted RAT in that box of not worth fixings that a guy tried to mod himself and ask me to look at fixing his many,many errors

Found it but it's missing some components, but looking at it now it's not as destroyed as I once thought, a few lifted traces and some bad solders here and there, I'll try and put the missing components in place and take a few snapshots, don't remember why he was trying to change the LM308, unless it was from a year that had something else, don't remember his goal

I have the right chip, but would have to fake the cap values for them to look original, don't have greenies in some of the missing values, but it sounds like you got it covered with the other offers

Thanks everyone!

Music6000, I've seen the pix on effectsdatabase.com. Too many obscured components in their photos for my purposes.
Main thing is, I don't know how much effort is required to obtain permission from other websites to use their pix for profit.

CDB, Just make sure YOU get paid for your (PedalPCB's) pics.

Too often have I been shafted by publishers for unpaid pics (got paid for the stories, but not the pics); admittedly I'm not a photographer, but the pics I took went with the story and were decent enough for publication (and their theft).

As in there's a surprisingly large difference or small difference?
I don't have the best ears but I noted a definite difference, those with "golden ears" would probably note quite a bit of difference. What I liked about the LM308 over the newer op amp is that the 308 version sounds more "raw", less refined which to my ears is a good thing for a distortion pedal.
I changed out the OP07 for a 308 for someone's Rat and he was ranting and raving about the improvement. I was happy for him.

yLX9YEY.jpg

Back