Toggle Switch - swap on-off-on for on-on?

From the schematic, it looks like the center will be the same as one of other positions. So two of three switch positions will do the same thing.

You could wire a different resistor and cap to the third positions of the switch, thereby getting all 3 settings distinct.

You could wire a different resistor and cap to the third positions of the switch, thereby getting all 3 settings distinct.
Hmm, that might be a little beyond my abilities to be honest. maybe i'll just use it as an excuse to ditch work for an hour and go grab the part.

The switch simply introduces a couple of parts, ie it connects a resistor and a capacitor.

As spi noted, using an on-off-on results in two settings being the same, namely the middle position (off) and an outer position (on):

ON — connects R8 330r & C9 68n
OFF— no connection
ON — no connection

Or the opposite for the outer positions, but the middle will always be no-connection

I'd go ahead and use the on-off-on.
Down the road after learning more about the circuit and gaining some confidence with it, try spi's idea for a third setting with a second R/C set of values, or not.

ON — connects R8 330r & C9 68n
OFF— no connection
ON — connects sockets for R8a & C9a — try half R8 & C9, try doubling them — go from there in whichever direction is most ear-pleasing

Actually that on-off-on in the stock circuit would make a great producer's-switch feature...

Producer: "It's too avocado, can you make it sound more pomegranate?"

PangeaDestructor: "Sure, how do you like this setting?" flips on-off-on from no-connection to no-connection, strums...

Producer: "Yeah yeah! That second setting is much better. Okay, roll tape, here we go, take 5..."

Back