Ibanez Tubescream

Zylent

Guys my Tubescream is dead :(... The switch doesent work anymore, i look on youtube and i tried with the black switch of the photo to fix. But i dont know what went wrong that the pedal works but i have to Click Twice for activate and Click Twice for deactivate XD... Any help? Tha tube scream only have 2 cables, and i have a 3 pin switch and a 9 pin switch does any work?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-18 at 21.30.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-18 at 21.30.53.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-08-18 at 21.34.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-18 at 21.34.02.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 8
You can get a momentary switch that has two contacts.

The switch is not itself directing the signal path through its contacts, it's telling the switching circuit what to do with the signal path.

Ok, but how do i solder 2 cables in 3 pins?

If you've got a MOMENTARY DPDT (I have a few), you can just connect the two wires to either set of outer lugs, ie 1&4 or 3&6.

1 4

The other 4 lugs would go unused.

Use it if you've got one on hand and need to get the pedal working ASAP;
However, I'd encourage using a momentary similar to what Flying recommended for this application and save the Momentary-DPDT for a build that truly requires it.

If you use a DPDT momentary you will need to check it with your mutimeter. Each switch will have one side that is normally on (the contacts connect when the switch is not pressed) and one that is normally off (the contacts connect only when the switch is pressed). You are looking for 2 contacts that connect when the switch is pressed and you solder your wires to those 2.

Excellent point PJS!

Egad! Completely forgot about normally-open vs normally-closed.
I was thinking only of a bypass where it doesn't matter whether it's open or closed, only that the circuitry senses the change.

Back