Parasit Studio C19 Databus Drive

Diynot

60925BAE-A1E6-444E-A52A-4AA17087C088.jpeg
this build puts all the sexy circuitry on display! Not exactly gig-able since the top is only 1/16 plexi, good thing I don’t gig. 256 LEDs in the waveform display matrix. Keep meaning to give it a paint job and maybe an old school arcade motif, but bare nekid works too

Parasit Studio does some really nice boards. Off the wall, glitchy, square wave fuzz, chip tune sorta stuff. I believe they are are all original circuits too, another props to the site. I have a Multiwave mega board on it’s way. Super excited. Def check him out if you haven’t

Parasit Studio does some really nice boards. Off the wall, glitchy, square wave fuzz, chip tune sorta stuff. I believe they are are all original circuits too, another props to the site. I have a Multiwave mega board on it’s way. Super excited. Def check him out if you haven’t
The multi wave mega is hands down my favorite original diy pedal I ever built ! It's got a bit of a learning curve but once you get the button combinations down, it get pretty wild :D

Looks super fun. I've done the multiwave mega, arcadiator, sidescroller, sonic reducer, and 8bitar. How useful would you say a c19 would be on top of all that?

Arcadiator w modboard and sonic reducer are my favorites. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the multiwave mega. I get mostly 5,000 flavors of grimey robot flatulence from it. Which is cool but...

That 8bitar is worth the effort if you like using an EQD bit commander with just the single 8ve down only.

The C19 is def a functional display piece. the sounds out of it are pretty on par with what you would expect for CMOS/PLL madness. It’s not as crazy as the Into the Unknown, more along the lines of a more musical data corrupter? I really like the phase and vibrato options as opposed to just a straight LFO. Build it for the challenge and the awesome looks and maybe find a few new sounds out of it too. Parasit has a pretty cool demo of it out on YouTube

link to the YouTube demo (not me playing)
Oh yeah, I saw that for sure. Was just interested in your thoughts. I'm likely to do this one but will let it sit at the back of the queue for now. It's terrifyingly large. I'd hate to solder that many leds/sockets and get skunked. Nice work!

Back