Electrovibe no effect

Billyhank

I finished my Electrovibe but I get no effect when engaged. Dry signal passes and the bulb flashes. When I flip the switch to vibrato it completely cuts out. I went through and reflowed every joint on the board and 3pdt boards. Wasn’t sure if anyone might have a direction to point me in to figure this out.

I finished my Electrovibe but I get no effect when engaged. Dry signal passes and the bulb flashes. When I flip the switch to vibrato it completely cuts out. I went through and reflowed every joint on the board and 3pdt boards. Wasn’t sure if anyone might have a direction to point me in to figure this out.

Pics bro. Top and bottom of board, I/O connections, jack, etc.

Best resolution you can muster.

Hey just saw this. Did you check the switch legs with a multimeter to make sure it's functioning correctly? Sometimes the heat gets to them.
I'd also make sure no solder tits are poking through that tape...maybe find some cardboard?
Also, A few of the solder joints at the footswitch appear to be cold.

Hope this helps!

Hey just saw this. Did you check the switch legs with a multimeter to make sure it's functioning correctly? Sometimes the heat gets to them.
I'd also make sure no solder tits are poking through that tape...maybe find some cardboard?
Also, A few of the solder joints at the footswitch appear to be cold.

Hope this helps!
I noticed the cold joints at the switch. Not sure how I missed it the first time through.
reflowed everything. Pedal sounds great!

Glad you got it working!

Re cardboard as insulating barrier...
It's so humid here, cardboard just gets soggy. Plastic or film used for packing IC chips, ie something that won't build up electrostatic energy...
Usually if I need to cover something or make absolute sure they there’s no contact I use electrical tape. If there’s something kind of sharp I’ll use a couple layers. I’ve also got some of the “gum wadz” from Guitarpcb. It’s sticky stuff (for lack of a better word lol) the keeps things from contacting.

Just so i learn to recognize them, which ones were the cold joints?
These are cold/bad joints. Anything that doesn’t look just right, I like to go over again. I missed these somehow.

Attachments

• B5BA09AC-0314-4B58-93E7-18F36A1D31BF.jpeg
    B5BA09AC-0314-4B58-93E7-18F36A1D31BF.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 31
  • D363AFD3-7962-4579-AA50-53E241C5B579.jpeg
    D363AFD3-7962-4579-AA50-53E241C5B579.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 34
I've got some of the pot condoms, too, and found the same thing — often they push the pot higher than needed.

The milk-carton pull tabs have a shallower peak, I just snip off the pull-ring and glue the tab on. I've found some juice-box tabs that are very flat, perfect for the dual-gang in the Low Tide build, for example. I drink more milk than juice though, so I've got tons of the milk-carton tabs.

Back