How to Build Your First Guitar Pedal Part Five THE ARTWORK!

jjjimi84

All right everyone here is the final video in this series, painting the final artwork. We had a contest and poll and @Nostradoomus was the winner. I painted his image on this pedal and filmed this whole thing for all of you. In this video you get to here my sultry voice over work along with images of the top of my head but all in all it turned out pretty great.

Also for all of you who haven't built this gem yet, @PedalPCB is giving 15% off of this board using the code "Sandspur". Everyone should grab one and build along with me and post a really cool build report!

Before I get to the video and pictures, I would like to thank Mr. PedalPCB for his generosity and for his time that goes into all of this! Thank you!!!!

Excellent. Really enjoyed watching the process.

BTW if you haven’t seen the movie the beast is from (Wizards) it’s worth watching just for the Rotoscope stuff. It’s a fascinating effect

You make it look so effortless to paint! Last weekend I did attempted your lettering technique for the first time. It came out almost presentable--but it really highlights how good you've gotten at it. I need a lot more practice.

Excellent. Really enjoyed watching the process.

BTW if you haven’t seen the movie the beast is from (Wizards) it’s worth watching just for the Rotoscope stuff. It’s a fascinating effect
I gotta find this movie, anyone know if its streaming anywhere?

You make it look so effortless to paint! Last weekend I did attempted your lettering technique for the first time. It came out almost presentable--but it really highlights how good you've gotten at it. I need a lot more practice.

Prove it!!!! I love to see what everyone comes up with.

Reactions: spi
View attachment 16119
Does the top right label say DAV or DAY? Wrong, it says DRV. I quickly realized I needed to abbreviate, thus treble and bass became hi and lo--I figured the less letters I tried to add the better my chances.
That looks great! My first paintings were dog shit and are so cringey. I am going to do another video series about re painting a pedal, bought a fresh gallon of acetone.

Back