Random pix

Hey, I've been there. It was late October and the trees were fantastic. Rode the gondola to the top with a few mud-encrusted mountain bikers. Started snowing when we got to the top.
Yep, that was our main activity this morning. Did a little stroll around the top, but there was a tired 3 year-old I had to carry a bit (too much excitement caused by sleeping at the hotel...).

Last night's dinner: Mac & Cheese with 6 cheeses, croutons & a layer of sliced ham. It's not poutine, but it's in the ballpark.
View attachment 16655
I would definitively have that!
Just got home and heating up a Mac'n'Cheese from one of the best local eatery/take out place.
And that poutine was one of the best I had in a long time (from a little food truck in St-Jovite, near Tremblant).

Edit: the Mac&Cheese was good, but I wish I had a bite of yours!

Last edited:
I would definitively have that!
Just got home and heating up a Mac'n'Cheese from one of the best local eatery/take out place.
And that poutine was one of the best I had in a long time (from a little food truck in St-Jovite, near Tremblant).
Oh St-Jovite now that brings back memories! We used to go up to a place there every summer for the better part of two decades! Don’t forget to get your timbits and crunchie bars!

Oh St-Jovite now that brings back memories! We used to go up to a place there every summer for the better part of two decades! Don’t forget to get your timbits and crunchie bars!
The only time when I actually go into Tim's is when we're going to my in-laws cottage in the Laurentians (mainly to get Timbits for the boys). And the Crunchy bar was my go-to when I needed junk from the vending machine at work.

Had a similar experience with Macaroni Casserole. Still love macaroni & cheese; still love ground beef; and still love corn (except creamed corn) — however, none of those things should be mixed in a casserole.

For you unfortunate souls south of the GWN border...
When north of the 49th (loosely put), remember to get your Coffee Crisp chocolate-bars and Hawkins Cheezies, too...

Back