XC Phase Modifications Thread

I'm going to be drawing up a breakout board design for a 4PDT Stomp switch so that I can switch the Univibe mod in on Phase 90 and Phase 45 mode. Stay tuned...

I was able to get the board laid out but I need to tweak a few things and start a Corel Draw file for my XC Phase build to plot out how the hardware and internals will sit with all the mods.

The concept is simple: a 4PDT switch and breakout board with 8 caps. You’ll need 4 pairs of flying leads to the board but the UniVibe mod will work in both 45 and 90 mode.

Once I have everything squared away, I can either order a gang of the boards or post the DipTrace file here for everyone.

Ok Gents...

Here we are:

UV Mod 1.PNG UV Mod 2.PNG

Tayda sells a 4PDT Stompswitch and it would just require running 4 pairs of wire to the board.

Anyone have thoughts on if 2SK30As would be a good sub for the now-unobtanium 2N5952s? That’s what was used in the Boss PH-1, which is pretty damn similar to a phase 90. They’re readily available for cheap as SMD units, so they might be a good solution for finding a cheap and reliable option.

Anyone have thoughts on if 2SK30As would be a good sub for the now-unobtanium 2N5952s? That’s what was used in the Boss PH-1, which is pretty damn similar to a phase 90. They’re readily available for cheap as SMD units, so they might be a good solution for finding a cheap and reliable option.
That would be great. AionFX sells matched sets of 2SK208’s (which apparently have near exact specs as 2sk308A’s), as well as unmatched for a bit cheaper:

Last edited:
That would be great. AionFX sells matched sets matched sets of 2SK208’s (which apparently have near exact specs as 2sk308A’s), as well as unmatched for a bit cheaper:

That matched set would definitely be an easy and cheap option. I planned on just getting 100 2SK208-GRs (which as you mentioned are identical to 2SK30A-GRs, just in a SOT23 package instead of TO92) from Digikey, and ordering a panel of SOT23-TO92 adapter boards from JLCpcb, but the Aion set is probably a more practical (albeit a bit more expensive per unit) option

since the LFO gets slower with greater resistance, is there any reason (other than the speed range being more fiddly) that a resistance of 1M+ couldn't be used to get the LFO even slower? Im thinking up what I think may be a rather clever way of implementing a momentary brake switch which would, over the course of 500-1500ms ramp the speed down to be so slow that it gives the impression of a fixed-phase sound.

Back