And this is what happens when you drill before you measure...

Chuck D. Bones

Circuit Wizard
No, I'm not particularly proud of this build, but it does fit and it does work. Let this be a lesson: deviating from the drill template can be risky! I prefer the button to be a little farther from the edge of the case. The result was that the board overlaps the stomp switch. Even with a low-profile switch, I had to tilt the board. I slipped a business card between the pots & the board to ensure isolation. I'm still fiddling the trimpots to find the sweet spot.

Velvet innards.jpg

Velvet board tilt.jpg

That's why I prefer "regular" pots, with some wire (cut off resistor leads) soldered to the legs of the pot. It allows to compensate for problems like this.

T.

That's why I prefer "regular" pots, with some wire (cut off resistor leads) soldered to the legs of the pot. It allows to compensate for problems like this.

T.
Unrelated to the original post but since you mentioned it, I assume you could also use resistor leads when wiring a 3PDT breakout board to a PCB or anywhere else a short wire is needed? I hate cutting and stripping tiny lengths of wire and always have tons of resistor leads around.

No, I'm not particularly proud of this build, but it does fit and it does work. Let this be a lesson: deviating from the drill template can be risky! I prefer the button to be a little farther from the edge of the case. The result was that the board overlaps the stomp switch. Even with a low-profile switch, I had to tilt the board. I slipped a business card between the pots & the board to ensure isolation. I'm still fiddling the trimpots to find the sweet spot.

View attachment 1467

View attachment 1468

To err is human.

You built a pedal, and it works. Good work!

Back