Multiwave mega, anyone?

Stickman393

From parasit studio...

Gonna have some fun digging into this one.

Was having trouble getting the threshold LED to light...I had to repair a trace on C15, my first attempt didn't quite take. Got er working now.

This one was...woof. Tight. Still gotta figure out the supports for the OLED screen...

Guts and finished pics to come:

IMG_20211020_161940_copy_1672x2229.jpg

Heck yeah! Props on the OLED screen too. I just finished one (without the screen) a few weeks ago. Crazy sounds to be had out of this one. Do yourself a favor and download the manual, you will need it

The screen is indeed doable! That was certainly the most frustrating part of the build:

-I placed my cutout 5mm too high ony first enclosure attempt.

-Programming the ATTINY85 is relatively easy...with a bit of research. Parasit offers the .HEX file on their website. There are ATTINY84-based USB programming sticks available that have a dip 8 socket pre-installed, although you can program them with an Arduino and breadboard setup as well. The way I found to write the hexadecimal code to the ATTINY85 involved using a program called AVRdude, which has an MSDOS interface.

I am NOT proficient with MSDOS, but after about a day and a half of experimenting I was able to figure out the process. When you figure it out, it's pretty pain free. I was very frustrated for much of that first day, though.

-support of the OLED on the underside is problematic...especially since I socketed it. I could use some m2's, but they would interfere with the text...layout on this one has caught me off guard a couple of times. I may end up stuffing a bit foam on the bottom to keep it stable...not a huge problem, just something to consider.

@fig thanks for the kind words! I haven't forgotten about making you an enclosure either ;-). I've been a little lax on finishing projects recrntly...working out all the little kinks in my CNC3018. Its JUST about there. I have a plan to relieve the last little bit of Y axis play, after that I'm hoping to get seriously rolling.

Reactions: fig
Back