Any replacement for relay?

Diynot

Looking for either a replacement or a source for the tq2-l-5v relay for the intelligent relay bypass board. Found some at Newark.com, but am not familiar with the company so am hesitant to order esp since they are 2x the cost. What ab the RY-5w-K at Tayda?

AL5WN-K is a potential replacement...Lemmie dig into the data sheets.

Edit: Yup. 2 form c, single coil 5v latching, 1&10 coil, 2&9 N/C, 3&8 common, 4&7 N/O. Pins 5 & 6 not used. Fujitsu stopped making these in 2020, but there's some to be found.

I've been looking around a bit for work alikes myself...I'll post more if I find them.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks guys! Yeah, I hit up all the usual sites in my search (and a few dark corners), but came up empty. Used my last one in my VIIB build. It’s not 100% necessary, but would really like the intelligent bypass for the procrastinator board I just got. I may go ahead and snag 1 or 2 from the Newark site since there is someone to vouch the site. Might grab a few of @Stickman393’s suggestions as well in case of fake/failure and maybe just to test and report back.

FWIW, an item like this tends to have 1:1 work alikes from different mfgs. Small signal relays...it's the sort of thing where these used to be used by the billions in telephone switch boards, so if one mfg came up short on qty another could step in easily.

It looks like the 10 pin format was pretty common, but it also appears that many MFGs are getting out of the game fairly recently. Also important to note: there are 3 variations that I've seen thus far in this format:

Non-Latching: contacts use spring force to return to normal position. The relay coil magnetizes and attracts the contacts to their "energized" position, when the coil is de-energized the contacts return to their normal position.

Latching single coil: unit contains only a single relay coil. Applying voltage across the coil induces magnetic force, applying reverse voltage induces magnetic force in opposite direction. That is: apply voltage one way and you get a push, apply the other way and you get a pull. The contacts stay in the same position after voltage is removed.

Latching dual coil: unit contains two coils, energizing one pulls or pushes one way, energizing the other pulls or pushes the other way. I don't know if these function similarly to the single coils in that reversing polarity of voltage reverses magnetic force...this could simply be a more robust version of the previous design. If that's the case, I *wonder* if these COULD be used in place of the single coil latching version. More parts though, and that likely means they're more expensive.

Thanks for the edumecation. That’s pretty darned cool how all that works. I am def going to try the ones from mouser $11+shipping is a little steep (in my book) for 2 relays. I realized this am that my VFE mobius needs one too

Back