Buffered/Transformer Isolated Splitter

JamieJ

IMG_1038.jpg
IMG_1034.jpg
IMG_1035.jpg

This is an isolated splitter pedal that is really good at dinging hum.

It's a simple TL072 buffer into a transformer with a phase reversal switch. The transformer isolation aspect of the circuit seems to be inspired by some of RG Keens ABY isolated splitter circuits. I used a different transformer to the original but they have the same specs.

I haven't actually properly tested this out yet so it may be a tad premature. I really enjoyed building the circuit on Vero. I might try and build a few other pedals this way.

I decided to not bother with any designs/name for this build as it will just be under my board. When I was thinking about names I did a bit of googling for name inspiration and urban dictionary made me piss my pants and emailed @jjjimi84 straight away - see below. I was tempted to call this build Dans Dinger for a while but changed my mind.

image0-2.jpeg
I'm a big fan of the TPS show. I haven't ever bought anything from the gigrig before but love their stuff so I feel bad about building this but I might buy a bit of TPS merch as an offset.

Last edited:
Dude thank you for sharing this. I might give it a go. Please let us know your thoughts after using it.

Hello, and thank you Jamie, I just finished my version of the ABY Box shematic you provided ( with 3PDTs + phase switch + diode )
Here is the schematic...
The pedal works perfectly well, just needs to mention that there must be something plugged into A output before I use the B out, should never use only B plugged in because it needs some ground, and B output is transformer isolated. I can now split my sound between my tube amp (A output) and an Audio interface on my laptop (B output). Thank you again

Attachments

• Schematic_ABY_box_2022-07-03.pdf
    63 KB · Views: 63
  • PCB_PCB_ABY_box_2022-07-03.pdf
    67.6 KB · Views: 39
Back