Recommend a DIY Reverb that DOESN'T sound like an analog delay

Bucksears

You know, that 'bup-bup-bup-bup bup bup.....' echo.
Any DIY reverbs that have a natural(ish) decay?
Wampler Faux Reverb?

Would like something for a small board when I take my Tweed Deluxe over to a cousin's place.

Check out PedalPCB's FV-1 based 'Arachnid 2' platform and the reverb choices for a custom EEPROM.

Are you referring to the sound of belton brick? (The Wampler uses that). I’m not sure if that’s what you’re talking about. When you play a staccato note and listen closely, you can heard the individual repeats. On the other hand, I find it to produce a fairly ‘natural’ sounding reverb decay in typical playing. I have a 1776 effects rub-a-dub deluxe (with belton brick) built into my amp, and it’s on most of the time. So I like it, but maybe not for everyone.

The fv-1 stuff on here is pretty cool. (like the arachnid mentioned above). I like several of the spatialist patches.

Yeah, guess it's the Belton Brick I'm not so keen on.
I'll look into the FV-1, but that may lead to more questions; I have ZERO experience with programming ICs, but that sounds VERY interesting/promising.

You can build all the stuff from ppcb without doing any programming. I’ve been learning to program the fv-1 code, reverb is one of the hardest type patches to write anyway. If you socket the eeprom chip (the 8pin chip where the code lives), you can always swap it for another and have a whole new pedal.

FYI most ppcb fv-1 stuff, there’s only two pcbs, Pythagorus for 3-way toggle, and arachnid for 8-way rotary. So the radium springs is the Pythagorus pcb that comes with the eeprom with the 3 radium springs patches on it. This doesn’t apply to pcbs with something different in the analog circuit like hydra, or deflector. You can also do a custom eeprom with pick an choose patches. (Sorry if you already knew all this, it wasn’t clear to me at all at first what was going on with al the fv-1 projects).

You can build all the stuff from ppcb without doing any programming. I’ve been learning to program the fv-1 code, reverb is one of the hardest type patches to write anyway. If you socket the eeprom chip (the 8pin chip where the code lives), you can always swap it for another and have a whole new pedal.

FYI most ppcb fv-1 stuff, there’s only two pcbs, Pythagorus for 3-way toggle, and arachnid for 8-way rotary. So the radium springs is the Pythagorus pcb that comes with the eeprom with the 3 radium springs patches on it. This doesn’t apply to pcbs with something different in the analog circuit like hydra, or deflector. You can also do a custom eeprom with pick an choose patches. (Sorry if you already knew all this, it wasn’t clear to me at all at first what was going on with al the fv-1 projects).

Thanks - nope, didn't know it before, but that's kinda what I was thinking, based on there being more info about programming on the EEPROM chips (and that the ones with the PCB have pre-loaded configs) and no mention of coding on the FV-1 itself.
This should be fun!

Have a look at the spatialist as well. At least you get 8 different options over the 3 of the radium springs.

Yep, that's why I bought 2 FV-1s! :cool:
I wanted something simple for the first one (Radium), and will go from there.

I have a Strymon BigSky, but need something simple/classic for a compact board to go with my 5E3.

Yep, that's why I bought 2 FV-1s! :cool:
I wanted something simple for the first one (Radium), and will go from there.

I have a Strymon BigSky, but need something simple/classic for a compact board to go with my 5E3.

Where can you get FV-1's these days?

Is there a project/board for a Hooke clone/workalike??

Back