PCBGuitarMania Black Mystic

Dan M

This one is based on Black Arts Toneworks Quantum Mystic It is essentially a DOD250 with active tone controls.
The board has a toggle for clipping: GE diodes, LED, or no diodes. For GE, I used 1N270's from pedalhacker, which aligns with the BAT pedal.

It is a beast! I had to force myself to stop playing it. The controls are very dynamic, but quick to dial-in.
I've never played a DOD250 of any type, so I'm not sure if what I'm hearing is the core 250 sound or the Mystic modifications.

50IMG_0903.jpg 25IMG_0901.jpg

Hi ! I'm going to build this kit, but I wonder if there is not a mistake on the building doc, as D3 is indicated as a 3mm red led, and D5 as a 1n5817 diod, when the graphics on the PCB seems to be the opposite. On your pictures, it looks like you did'nt follow the building doc as you place a red led on D5 and a schottky diod on D3, so can you confirm that error on the building doc ? Thanks in advance !

@sixxtus I have found errors in a few different build docs for PCB Mania. I usually try to double check with a different source. For example if the trace and schematic are on freestompboxes.org

I just looked at the build docs. The BOM, the shopping list, and the schematic all show different diode labels. :rolleyes:

The schematic and the pcb graphic match and are correct. You can see the trace from the 1N5817 going to the top pin of the IC which is correct for 9V+

Reactions: fig
@sixxtus I have found errors in a few different build docs for PCB Mania. I usually try to double check with a different source. For example if the trace and schematic are on freestompboxes.org

I just looked at the build docs. The BOM, the shopping list, and the schematic all show different diode labels. :rolleyes:

The schematic and the pcb graphic match and are correct. You can see the trace from the 1N5817 going to the top pin of the IC which is correct for 9V+
Thanks a lot for your fast answer, really appreciate ! (y)
I did'nt look at the shopping list or schematic, the answer was just one page away !
Once again thank you !

Back