1590xx way too big

Dan0h

Ran into my first parts bad call. Ordered two 1590xx enclosures from Tayda to house a Paragon and a Duocast. Opened them up today and they are beyond ginormous. Dropped the ball, should have drawn out the dimensions before ordering. I’ve seen people get the Duocast in a gorva 1590bb can the paragon fit in one of those two? Now I’m stuck with two huge enclosures.

Jovi Bon Kenobi

Bummer! You'll find something to use em for though? . I think there are a few PCB's specific to that size on the site. Just search the enclosure size.

caiofilipini

Ran into my first parts bad call. Ordered two 1590xx enclosures from Tayda to house a Paragon and a Duocast. Opened them up today and they are beyond ginormous. Dropped the ball, should have drawn out the dimensions before ordering. I’ve seen people get the Duocast in a gorva 1590bb can the paragon fit in one of those two? Now I’m stuck with two huge enclosures.
I built both the Paragon and the Duocast in the Gorva enclosures, they both fit just fine.

caiofilipini

Just a word of caution, though, the Duocast won't fit in a regular 1590BB due to the transformer being too tall. The Gorva enclosure is a little deeper.

music6000

The Stockade Overdrive ( EQD Palisades) uses the 1590XX, here's my Build with seperate Boost option:

spi

I think they're about the size of 2 side by side 125Bs. Where trying to get dual pedals into a BB enclosure can be cramped (and if the PCBs use the full space of a 125B may be impossible), an XX allows 2 125B pedals to sit comfortably (with possibly room left over for an order switcher).

It's also roomy for adding mods. Here's a XX build I did, which incorporates an effect, a boost, an order switch, and a clipping switch. I may have been able to squeeze it into a BB but it would've been very tight and uncomfortable.

The only downside is the thing is huge on my board.

IMG_20201101_135744212_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Dan0h

Nice. I’m starting to like the idea of the Xx. I might use one for my paragon after all and then use the other one for a double pedal or one of the 1590xx friendly boards.

Jovi Bon Kenobi

I think they're about the size of 2 side by side 125Bs. Where trying to get dual pedals into a BB enclosure can be cramped (and if the PCBs use the full space of a 125B may be impossible), an XX allows 2 125B pedals to sit comfortably (with possibly room left over for an order switcher).

It's also roomy for adding mods. Here's a XX build I did, which incorporates an effect, a boost, an order switch, and a clipping switch. I may have been able to squeeze it into a BB but it would've been very tight and uncomfortable.

The only downside it the thing is huge on my board.

View attachment 7733
That's cool! I like the beer box insulation. ? Love their beers. I used their KSA box to make dividers in my component storage. Haha.

Danbieranowski

Depending on the size you need, an XX can be great. The build below was a dual-Pythagoras, and as you can see there's really just enough room for something like an order switch in the middle or something. Otherwise it's the exact same height and depth as my 125Bs so it lines up on the board with those well. It's basically like having two 125Bs side by side on my board, but they can share an input, output, and power.
IMG_8553.jpgalbumtemp.JPG

Dan0h

For sure looking at what two pedals I can put in one of these. The percolator is on my list, looking at what might work well with that for a dully, or maybe even a triple since the percolator is so small. Today I was checking it out again and because it is basically two 125Bs next to each other it’s not so bad after all. If I wasn’t already knee deep in fuzz and distortion I’d do the life pedal. It’s good to have options.

Dan0h

Built a few dual pedals with them and I agree, too much enclosure for my tastes.
The gorva s90 is my absolute favorite size for a pedal. It’s reminds me of my phase 100. These 1590xx’s threw me off as there’s an extra inch on all sides compared to the gorva. I think they for sure have their place though. They are basically the footprint of a original Big muff in portrait mode just not as tall.

TheSin

The gorva s90 is my absolute favorite size for a pedal. It’s reminds me of my phase 100. These 1590xx’s threw me off as there’s an extra inch on all sides compared to the gorva. I think they for sure have their place though. They are basically the footprint of a original Big muff in portrait mode just not as tall.
Haven’t tried Gorva. They look nice but I can’t justify paying the extra money for them.
Im just an stickler for saving real estate on my pedal board. Ive been able to fit the last 4 or 5 125b builds into 1590b’s. Got it down to a science almost.

Dan0h

I thought of an idea for a combo pedal. I have an extra General Tso and an extra SOB to build. If I put them together in a 1590xx and call it the Fat Bastard, that might be pretty cool.

I thought of an idea for a combo pedal. I have an extra General Tso and an extra SOB to build. If I put them together in a 1590xx and call it the Fat Bastard, that might be pretty cool.
A builder I follow on Insta just released the FET Bastard