2 in 1 order switch wiring assistance.

So I'm planning to combine an old 90s ts9 with a kliche mini inside 1 single enclosure using 1 DC jack and 1 pair of i/o jacks. I'm having a hard time understanding how to wiring up a 3pdt toggle switch for order switching of the chain. The kliche mini is buffered bypass. The old ts9 uses a carling momentary SPST that i installed after the original switch went kaputz.

I feel like i am overthinking this 3rd switch wiring but after a previous failed attempt, i was hoping someone could possibly show me exactly how these 3 switches would be wired up?

Thank you.

Hi.
Thanks for the help. I feel this 3 PDT switch wiring is what I'm looking for. To activate both effects, you just need to activate the flipper switch, right? Not the 3 simultaneously (I know, we human have just two feet)?
And how do you connect the 9v+ (in fact, do I need two separate 9V supply, or maybe just 18V?) and LEDS (possibly 3)?
Thanks.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to achieve this: flipper switch controlling both circuits?
if I understand correctly what you’re trying to achieve, you’d need a pretty complicated configuration of relay or JFET switching and μc’s

Thanks again! So it’s more complicated than just finding the right wiring between the 3 switches… I’ll keep looking.

So it’s more complicated than just finding the right wiring between the 3 switches…
I built a distortion with an extra active EQ some time ago. I used the wiring suggested by Jimilee reply #4. I just replaced the flipping 3pdt footswitch by a 3PDT toggleswitch. I think it's the most useful wiring, because you can use only one effect at a time, or both, and choose which one goes first. Do you really need to be able to activate both effects with one 3PDT ?

If so, an alternative solution would be a simple effect loop : https://www.ashleyjsaunders.com/blog/build-true-bypass-loop-pedal/

You put your circuit in the fx loop, activate both effects, and with the fx loop switch, you can turn on or off both effects at the same time.

Bonus points :

-you can use your FX looper for other combinations.
-You can engage or bypass as many effects as you need simultaneously with only one footswitch. Not just two stompboxes, there's no limits.
-this way you have all the switching options available, without some sophisticated switching device !

Downside :

Your signal path is slightly more complex.
Even more so if you have the great idea to put a blender/mixer in the fx loop : that's 2 fx loops switchable by one fx loop... signal routing can get a bit tricky then : you could find yourself scratching your head the first days, wondering where this cable goes, etc...

Philosophical observation :

To complicate life in order to make it easier is the path of the human kind.

Last edited:
To activate them at the same time, you can put them in series. effect 1 in would be wired as normal, and effect 1 out would go to the in of effect 2 pcb. effect 2 out would go to the switch like normal wiring. But this would negate the need for a flipper switch. You could add another effect to complicate things, but it could be done.

If you wanted to take most of the guess work out of it you could use one of These
Nice! But I won't, cause...
Do you really need to be able to activate both effects with one 3PDT ?
... yes I do. I want to be able to activate or kill both effects in the course of a song when I'm on stage without dancing between the two...
If so, an alternative solution would be a simple effect loop : https://www.ashleyjsaunders.com/blog/build-true-bypass-loop-pedal/
I will definitively look into it. I don't mind scratching my head. Moreover, I just found this amazing forum where nice people provide help to newbies like me! Thanks to all.

To activate them at the same time, you can put them in series. effect 1 in would be wired as normal, and effect 1 out would go to the in of effect 2 pcb.
I understand. Thanks. But this means that: 1) I cannot activate effect 2 without activating effect 1; and 2) I need to power both effect (which isn't the case for a parallel mount like suggested by eh là bas ma). Am I right?

I understand. Thanks. But this means that: 1) I cannot activate effect 2 without activating effect 1; and 2) I need to power both effect (which isn't the case for a parallel mount like suggested by eh là bas ma). Am I right
You are correct.

Best way is probably a digital approximation of radio buttons— one button per function; most recent button press resets any previous ones to default state.

Back