20u vs 22u Cap for Twin Face Fuzz

Jbanks

I've been looking high and low for 20u electolytic caps and am not having much luck for the Twin Face. Will 22u work? The only 20u I can find are 300v or higher, which probably makes them too big to fit on the board. Any thoughts on if 20 vs. 22u is a deal breaker?

That will be just fine as it's anyway within the tolerance of a 20uF or 22 uF cap. If you would want to get scientific about it you could emasure a few 22 uF caps and select the closest one if you have a DMM or component tester that does capacitance.

The only 20u I can find are 300v or higher, which probably makes them too big to fit on the board.

You're right in saying higher voltage usually means physically bigger

Things like 20u and 50u are from back in the day where they were probably a more common value whereas today 22u and 47u are more readily available and as said electrolytics generally have a + or - 20% tolerance so your 22u could be anything from 16u up to 24u

I've got to admit as @cooder says I'm such a dip I'd probably go through a fair amount of 22s to see how close I could get to a 20 even though it's not critical in this circuit I just would

But it's ok I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow

Back