3PDT config from PedalPCB wiring diagrams

JohnDRhoads33

Not sure if anyone else had this issue, or maybe it's just me missing something on several builds, but has anyone else put together a build and used the PedalPCB wiring diagram and not had their pedal work? I had a few that were making the same horrible white noise and one day I realized there is a weird jumper on the 3PDT switch in most of their diagrams that make your PCB in also jump to ground. I snipped this lead on the ones I was having issues with and the pedal suddenly works. Is this a me problem, or is this actually a mistake?
1665776641507.png

Having the circuit input switched to ground while the pedal is in bypass is a pretty common technique. I use the 3pdt breakout board for most of my builds, and this does the same thing, and this never causes issues.

Were you getting the noise when in bypass or when circuit enabled (or both?).

1665783846818.png
This is pretty industry standard as spi mentioned. The input to the circuit being grounded will matter more in different circuits, in high gain circuits the floating input can cause issues with noise even when bypassed, in other effects it's not something you'll notice but more of a good practice thing.

I was using that same 3pdt switch wiring before I ever built a PPCB board and it works well. I used the Skreddy wiring first, but I hate twisting a wire through those three lugs at the bottom left corner. The board input only connects to ground when the pedal is switched off.

I don't twist a wire through there either, I wrap a clipped lead, preferably from a thick diode, around the 3 lugs when I was still using a skreddy. Now I use break out boards....

Back