3PDT layout images

ninemag

anyone know where to find these? I found one at guitar fx layout but its I the large side... also like ti find an image of a 3PDT order switch
maybe its time to learn eagle lol

Cool - I was hoping to find the pcb images so I can make a few of em

Unfortunately, I only have the links to the respective build docs. GuitarPCBs PCBs for these items are great.

FWIW and if you're interested, I've derived a solution for a 4P3T 3-way (On-On-On) toggle switch that works well as a passive Ordering\Parallel switching option. Here are the images I created to prove out the wiring for it . . . .

There are some rules\conditions to observe . . . .
  1. Both circuits MUST have the same signal phase. (One CANNOT be inverted from the other. If one is inverted, and inverter circuit needs to be added for this to work.)
  2. The 4P3T (On-On-On) toggle switch MUST be double checked to match the BLUE lines of the switch internal connections in the shown diagram. (The one used in this project document is a Taiway 4PDT On-On-On Switch [Solder Lug] from “LoveMySwitches-dot-com”. So while the switch is labeled as a “4PDT” it actually has 3 - throws.)
  3. It’s important to note the orientation of the switch in the diagram vs the switch when it is mounted between two circuits. (The intent here is to be able to use the toggle switch baton as the indicator for which circuit is FIRST when the toggle is pushed to the left or right. And both circuits will be in PARALLEL when the toggle is in the center position.)
  4. Each circuit used MUST have the input and output impedances set - so they will NOT load one another when they are placed in parallel.
  5. Both circuits MUST be engaged for the “Parallel” to work. If one of the two circuits is bypassed with true-bypass, the in and out of the engaged circuit get shorted together and squealing ensues.

4PDT_Order_Parallel_v2.png

4PDT_Order_Parallel_v2_Paths.png

Last edited:
Back