6 yr old’s first build

Dan0h

Asked my 6 yr old if she wanted to “build her own Pedal” last night. Gave her a 1590a enclosure a handful of LEDs and said to draw up anything you want and we will make a little light box you can turn on and off. She decided on a Christmas tree and drew up a drill template. Helped her wip this addictive fidget box up last night. She is stoked.
EE201CE1-EA68-4271-AD8D-F84BE6B9D83E.jpeg

zgrav

very nice! I would give that the Bob Ross seal of approval!

If you want to diversify with another one, you could use a momentary push switch for that "on when you press it" but off when you let it go magic. Maybe pick up a few leds that have the built-in blink too.

Bricksnbeatles

That’s adorable! Awesome that you’re starting them early— I’ll never forget those fond memories of my dad building a workbench with me (actually the same workbench that my soldering setup is built on) when I was 3 or 4, or the accessories for my rescue hero and ninja turtles figures, the pinewood derby cars, or any of the other great projects we worked on together which founded my love of woodworking.

I look forward to seeing what project you and the kiddo put together next!

Dan0h

That’s adorable! Awesome that you’re starting them early— I’ll never forget those fond memories of my dad building a workbench with me (actually the same workbench that my soldering setup is built on) when I was 3 or 4, or the accessories for my rescue hero and ninja turtles figures, the pinewood derby cars, or any of the other great projects we worked on together which founded my love of woodworking.

I look forward to seeing what project you and the kiddo put together next!
Very similar childhood for me too. My dad was always in the wood shop, our basement, building stuff.