9v DC power socket - can't find any ?

AurEL.

Hi guys,

I'm struggling to find an 9v. DC power socket for the alimentation, for my first pedal.
I fund every electronic composant, but I can't find any 9v femelle socket... I find many 12Vdc and 16Vdc, but no 9v :cry:
Can someone tell me where I can find those ? or if there is something I miss ( maybe it's not labeled like this ? )

Thy so much for your answers, your are the best :D

Usually, you'll find it listed as "DC Power Jack 2.1 mm" or something like that.

The 12V and 16V you see might be the rating?... I don't think you'll find one specifically for 9V, you'll need one that is rated for higher voltage than you want to use.

The important thing is that it's 2.1 mm and that the jack outer isn't metal (because we use negative tip, the positive outer sheath should not be metal or it will be grounded to the enclosure).

These are what you're looking for. If a voltage is specified it's a "maximum" and not something you need to concern yourself with at 9V.

Like @spi mentioned, just don't get a metal frame DC jack like this. They are not suitable for most pedal builds.

Back