A Blend PCB

Yeah, maybe another stomp switch mounted board. Probably dual op amp for the dry side so you can select inverting or noninverting. Wet side often doesn’t need a buffer since many pedals have high input impedance. But there could be a switchable bjt buffer that goes before the board input. I say bjt because it’d probably be smaller than another op amp, and with the smd jfet situation being what it is, I’d prefer to just use a bjt where possible (I think bjt buffers sound just as good).

The for pedals with fewer than 6 pots, you can place the clean blend pot (with lugs) bear the other knobs. Maybe us lug pots for one or two other knobs so you can reorganize the layout.

I think it can be simpler.

the tagboard split n blend is used pretty commonly. It’s two jfet buffers, one feeds the pcb input and the other feeds the dry side of the blend pot directly. I don’t think they really need to be jfet buffers (although the high input impedance might be nice since there are two of them), so a dual op amp could be used for the wet side, with a dip switch to select inverting or noninverting, and maybe just a bjt buffer for the dry side to save space.

Here is a list of buffer options for reference. I’ve used a few of theseto make blend pots, including inverting and noninverting op amp, jfet, and bjt.

Back