A Chorus Pedal?

TimDude

Do you folks make a chorus pedal? I feel like I went through everything and I saw a lot of different variants of different types of pedals, but I'm not sure I saw a chorus. Maybe doing something like a Boss CE-1, CE-2, or DC-2. Something to get that Purple Rain effect.

porkrind

Lemme second this. Would love an old-school bucket brigade chorus. I know they're cheap enough in the real world, but I'd love to build one and better understand how it works.

Jovi Bon Kenobi

I was never a chorus lover so my favorite "chorus" on the site is the unison double tracker "dual detune" program on eeprom. It's subtle and that's my jam. IMO, it has more of a dimension c sound as opposed to the ce-2

Last edited:

phi1

I think most choruses use an analog delay (bucket brigade) chip. From what I can tell pedalpcb has not posted any circuits that use those, I’m not sure why.

I will second that the unison double tracker is a cool chorus alternative. After I got that patch for my arachnid I sold my mxr analog chorus. It was a really nice sounding pedal and the unison doesn’t do the exact same thing, but I don’t use chorus a ton and it’s close enough for me.

CanadianDave

That would be cool if you shared the back of the Walrus Audio. I’m not usually a big fan of chorus pedals, but I do like what the Julia has going on.

Dreamlands

I think most choruses use an analog delay (bucket brigade) chip. From what I can tell pedalpcb has not posted any circuits that use those, I’m not sure why.

I will second that the unison double tracker is a cool chorus alternative. After I got that patch for my arachnid I sold my mxr analog chorus. It was a really nice sounding pedal and the unison doesn’t do the exact same thing, but I don’t use chorus a ton and it’s close enough for me.
My understanding is that reliable BBD chips are apparently very difficult to come by these days (eg out of spec and counterfeit parts), to the point that Dunlop has stopped shipping certain products. I've got an A/DA PBF Flanger that's been on order for months now, same reason.

My understanding is that reliable BBD chips are apparently very difficult to come by these days (eg out of spec and counterfeit parts), to the point that Dunlop has stopped shipping certain products. I've got an A/DA PBF Flanger that's been on order for months now, same reason.
Xvive makes reissues of many of the MN series. Check cabintech (the US distributor) or small bear.