a miniature Lovetone Meatball clone?

dawson

I'm wondering how small a Meatball(ish) clone could be if it utilized miniature rotary switches..
I love the sound of the circuit and would like to build one (or three,) but the clones I've seen around are massive. Since I only use an envelope filter about 5% of the time, I can't justify the Meatball taking up 30% of my pedalboard.

The vfe minimu project that madbean offers right now is the smallest mutron iii I know and it is only missing a couple (less useful imo) options over the meatball.

BUMP For a Meatball that doesn't follow the typical clone/Lovetone layout, ie no rotaries where rotaries aren't needed *(nor wanted).
The only switch that really needs to be a rotary is "Range", toggles for the rest.

I don't mind if it's big, kinda has to be given the # of jacks. So long as there is plenty of space for multiple foot-switches along the bottom of the enclosure without toes knocking on stupid rotaries, I'd be a happy quacker.

Bypass and an FX-Loop bypass for sure, but possibly also the Moog-mod and/or the Sweep-up/down or another function on another foot-switch.

A “Loop” control to attenuate or boost the FX-loop’s return signal;
A “Boost” control as a master clean boost on the final output;
A "Colour" control for resonance.

JACKS: OUT EXP1 EXP2 9v-Power FXR FXS IN
KNOBS TOP ROW: Sensitivity Attack Decay Intensity Colour Blend
KNOBS & SWS: Mode-sw BW-sw Loop Range Boost Moog-sw Sweep-sw
STOMPERS: FX-LOOP BYPASS-ON/OFF

Back