Abyss

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Another old project separated from a combo build and rehoused. I do enjoy this vibe but I had to make room for more preferred modulation like the electric ladyland flanger and xc. Still my preferred univibe for bass (thus far). Again, I cleaned up some wiring as necessary but I tried to leave some of that early build slop mojo intact. Screenshot_20230126_164320.jpg Screenshot_20230126-164329_Gallery.jpg

Lol, just noticed that I snapped the gutshot before correcting the in/out wires. Trust that this had been fixed.

Last edited:
I really like how this pedal has some faster speeds than the Electrovibe and can mimic a leslie effect. Actually, I need to try to run them together, might be really cool!

Did you build the Forum Vibe ?

This one is perfect to add some subtle modulation, even on very distorted signals. It creates a beautiful warm and singular modulated sound. The rotary switch mod is very interesting, allowing to switch to Univibe, Voodoo vibe and Resley tone : Perfect to adjust the effect to your instrument's character, highlighting various frequencies in the modulated signal.

Edit : looks like the 3PDT wiring board is soldered on the wrong side : the square is supposed to face the 3PDT.

Last edited:
Did you build the Forum Vibe ?

This one is perfect to add some subtle modulation, even on very distorted signals. It creates a beautiful warm and singular modulated sound. The rotary switch mod is very interesting, allowing to switch to Univibe, Voodoo vibe and Resley tone : Perfect to adjust the effect to your instrument's character, highlighting various frequencies in the modulated signal.

Edit : looks like the 3PDT wiring board is soldered on the wrong side : the square is supposed to face the 3PDT.
That looks really interesting!

I was just looking at the Photon Vibe project from PPCB (LovePedal Vibronaut). I'm liking the Hi and Lo controls on that circuit to be able to adjust the tone. I might have to build it:)

Interesting, I hadn't heard of that one. Added to GAS list.
That looks really interesting!
I should mention that the only downside I could find on this circuit is that the Speed and Depth controls can be a bit frustrating at first : On Chorus mode it's perfectly allright for me, but on the Vibe mode it doesn't go as fast and as deep as the usual modulation circuits. Depth is usually fully CW to become really noticeable, and it doesn't go super fast. On Vibe mode, it's more designed to get something more subtle than a chorus. It's my favorite mod though, and with the rotary switch you have some room for adjustments. The vibe doesn't colour the signal as much as chorus, making it easier to use in various contexts

there are a few demo available, here it's the chorus mode. You can appreciate the speed and depth of the circuit :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfLf-lnP2po

Last edited:
Back