SOLVED Acer overdrive not working?

PAGOON

I just put this Acer overdrive pedal together and it’s not working … I thought my on on on dpdt were type 2 and they were not… so I have type 2 Switch on order… I jumped the pcb with wires to trick it as if the switch was in the middle… well here’s my question shouldn’t a type one switch work in the up and down position?? It didn’t work. Or even if I installed it on the wrong side of the pcb just to test it…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 9
  • ED9BA9ED-2CCC-4EFE-9BF3-3804E96AABD9.png
    ED9BA9ED-2CCC-4EFE-9BF3-3804E96AABD9.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Wow ok … no solder touching no shorts the in and outs and 9v are correct and so are the caps and resistors… I admit bits not my best soldering work… there’s too much and a few may need a tiny bit more solder but it should work… the led lights up and there’s no sound when turned on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 4
Could you post a picture of the underside of the board? And also try “tricking” the up or down position, these are the same in every orientation.
I had the type one on there and it didn’t work in any position…I must have a cold solder joint or some …… I figured it out just now tho!!

Solved … I switched from the op-amp sockets I always use to the nice ones with the circle sockets… I noticed while soldering that they took some heat and didn’t really suck up the solder… I’m going back to the cheaper sockets… thanks for the help everyone.. I admit I rushed this build …

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back