ADAU1701

a7v7

I've been working with the ADAU1701 for a while now. It's very cool. It's a lot like the FV-1. I think it has a better DSP but less RAM. There are several inexpensive DSP boards for sale. I've put one into a box (see below). ADAU1701 uses a graphical development environment called Sigma Studio -- no assembly language required, it's full drag and drop. The ADAU1644 is even more capable. It has a great DSP and lots of RAM, but no AD/DA. I'm working on an ADAU1701 pedal, but it's a lot of work and I don't have much time.

Throwing it out there. What do you think?

ACV

p1.JPG p2.JPG

Last edited:
Thats really cool - wish I had the time to spend messing with that kind of stuff! Looked at some demos on the software - always the weakest link and the ADAU looks really good

On a sorta related note - bought one of these Nux MP2 and have been looking the technology. Amazing what you can do now.
A tiny mini guitar effects box (with cab IRs etc and it sounds awesome.

ATS2825
This is the chip it uses.

ats2825.png

Last edited:
This board from 3e Audio is excellent. All the parts are there. Download SigmaStudio and start coding. I have a number of projects in github. You can build this up and get in running in a weekend easy.

Back