Adding 3 way clipping to these pedals? Is this how?

Barnshart

Essentially I want to put a Muff, RAT and Tentacle in this one enclosure and then wire in 3 way clipping sections to the diodes in each board.

I've got everything on the PCB soldered in other than the diodes. Am I correct in thinking I can simply run a wire from. either end of D1 on the muff to the middle lugs of my DPDT on/off/on and then add my diodes to each side of the switch? Do I need to run wire to D2 of the muff as well? Same goes for the other half of the diode section to a second switch etc...

Essentially, want to know if I need to jumper D1 & D2 together and then run off to the switch, or if I can simply leave D2 totally empty? I did this mod on my Proco Rat and didn't need any wire running to the second clipping diode, so I just want to make sure.

Essentially I want to put a Muff, RAT and Tentacle in this one enclosure and then wire in 3 way clipping sections to the diodes in each board.

I've got everything on the PCB soldered in other than the diodes. Am I correct in thinking I can simply run a wire from. either end of D1 on the muff to the middle lugs of my DPDT on/off/on and then add my diodes to each side of the switch? Do I need to run wire to D2 of the muff as well? Same goes for the other half of the diode section to a second switch etc...

Essentially, want to know if I need to jumper D1 & D2 together and then run off to the switch, or if I can simply leave D2 totally empty? I did this mod on my Proco Rat and didn't need any wire running to the second clipping diode, so I just want to make sure.

Yep, it will work as you've described. Leave D2 empty, and run wires to D1 from the middle lugs of your switches. Then, solder your diodes in anti-parallel pairs to the outside lugs of each, just as you did for your previous Rat.

Also, not the Muff variant id choose, but I love this box already

Which Muff variant is it?

Also, I don't think it's worthwhile to have different diodes for the Green Ringer — but that's just me and I could be wrong. It's just that Green Ringer diodes need to be carefully matched and the time it would take to match 2 or 3 distinct pairs of diodes ... probably won't result in much of a difference of sound. Dialling in the GR as much as possible to one good octave-sound and then having that available via on/off toggle would be what I'd suggest.

I, too, love this box. It's been really cool to see you piecing all the puzzle together from different threads, @Barnshart.

Back