AionFX Artemis MkII

Nic

I've had this board sitting populated for a month or so and really wanted to complete it for christmas. I received my first batch of tayda UV prints and really like the final product.

20221226_140742.jpg

For those not knowing, it's the equivalent of the PPCB Softii. It's supposed to be an ampeg svt preamp in a pedal, based on the catalinbread SFT. I've spend the last hour of the day before wiring that baby and ended up disappointed... it was really noisy. After reflowing all pots and switches, no change at all. I remembered seeing that this pedal could take up to 18v and that it made it sound clearer, or something like that. So all I had was my wife 9v wall unit, and it already made a big difference, guess my tester battery is at the end of it's life.

I'll need to play more with it, but for now I consider it fully functionnal!

20221226_140556.jpg

Attachments

• 20221226_140742.jpg
    20221226_140742.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 6
I've had this board sitting populated for a month or so and really wanted to complete it for christmas. I received my first batch of tayda UV prints and really like the final product.

View attachment 38939

For those not knowing, it's the equivalent of the PPCB Softii. It's supposed to be an ampeg svt preamp in a pedal, based on the catalinbread SFT. I've spend the last hour of the day before wiring that baby and ended up disappointed... it was really noisy. After reflowing all pots and switches, no change at all. I remembered seeing that this pedal could take up to 18v and that it made it sound clearer, or something like that. So all I had was my wife 9v wall unit, and it already made a big difference, guess my tester battery is at the end of it's life.

I'll need to play more with it, but for now I consider it fully functionnal!

View attachment 38938
Awesome. I have one but keep putting it aside for other builds. Does it sound like the Catalinbread vid on the pedal’s website?

Love that stealthy stompswitch makes this pedal look soooo clean! Love the simplistic design! Great build!
I've had a lot of time on that design... there is a really discrete patters of black and gray on that big black square, like a speaker grill cloth ;) that does not show up in the pics bit yeah, not overcrowded like I somethimes do. Thank you!
Does it sound like the Catalinbread vid on the pedal’s website?
I've had one build report that I want to listen, I will also have to look at Catalinbread website. For now, can't tell as I've never heard one, I've built it as I saw a lot of people recommending this build for the bass.

I've had a lot of time on that design... there is a really discrete patters of black and gray on that big black square, like a speaker grill cloth ;) that does not show up in the pics bit yeah, not overcrowded like I somethimes do. Thank you!

I've had one build report that I want to listen, I will also have to look at Catalinbread website. For now, can't tell as I've never heard one, I've built it as I saw a lot of people recommending this build for the bass.
Right on. I’m thinking about using it for bass myself.

Here’s the demos on their site:

Curious about this pedal. I have a vintage ampeg and I wonder if the pedal sounds like the amp or if it just sounds like a pedal trying to sound like an amp

Curious about this pedal. I have a vintage ampeg and I wonder if the pedal sounds like the amp or if it just sounds like a pedal trying to sound like an amp
Lucky you, I'd take that vintage amp if I had the chance, I doubt the pedal emulates perfectly the real thing...

I don't own a vintage ampeg (😮‍💨 this lack of svt is unbearable) so I built a softii. I still wish I had the 'peg the same amount and never use the pedal. It's been too long since I've played a real svt to make an actual comparison but I'll still go with "pedal trying to sound like an amp." Sounds good but my feelings started at warm and are approaching tepid. Should give it another try through my new cab. Unicab after was definitely useful to me when I first built it.

Back