AionFX Binary Fuzz

jeffwhitfield

Finished putting this one together. Borked the hell out of one of the 8-pin sockets so I had to redo the PCB. Kinda, sort of Matrix inspired with the design.

Pretty gnarly bass pedal for sure. Not at all what I expected. It definitely has that Darkglass thing going on though.

Only thing I need to fix is the Filter knob. For some reason it doesn't do anything on my rig. There's a mod that moved the center frequency from 5k to 1k. Might do that and see if it has any impact.

IMG_0050.jpeg

IMG_0051.jpeg

I found a build doc error that makes the filter knob not work. There was a 68pf by the filter pot that needs to be a 680pf. I tacked a 560pf onto the 68pf on mine. Close enough to get it working.

Last edited:
I just checked and they updated the build doc, but no erratum.
I didn’t have any 680pf caps so I opted for the mod with 2.2n on the board and 22n on the pot. Might try other configs but what’s there does work. Bit darker still than I expected. Almost have to crank the filter all the way to the left to get it pretty bright.

I might try that mod. As-is I feel it could use more tone control for bass. Like the Brassmaster, I prefer this one for guitar over bass.

I found a build doc error that makes the filter knob not work. There was a 68pf by the filter pot that needs to be a 680pf. I tacked a 560pf onto the 68pf on mine. Close enough to get it working.
I knew it.. I knew I've seen 68p on the schematic. I've built it using my own layout and the filter knob did not work.. then I found that I have used 68p while schematic calls for 680p. But hey.. I could swear I've seen 68p.

Back